General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Magnum SRT8 mods

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 12:05 AM
Brianmagumsrt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnum SRT8 mods

just bought an srt8 last week and its time for mods. I am starting with the usual intake, exhaust, tc, and gear. Anyone do any of this yet? I am planning on the K&N, straight exhaust, 3000 stall, and 3.92s? or whatever they are in that truck. I have to leave the factory headers or custom since noone makes them yet. I will go straight from the header right back and see how loud that is...might need some mufflers but who knows... Not sure on the gear or if the truck gear will even work. The stall speed is a question also since I will be changing the cam after the initial installs...anyone have any input on different cams on the 6.1?

Old 10-06-2005, 10:40 PM
demon340v
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Magnum SRT8 mods

Ok 1st off a 3k stall? ummm no you will over stall that engine.

Go over to comp cams website and pick yourself one of their cams, they are deisgned to be stuck in and nto throw off any engine codes and no computer mods are needed.

as far as gears you better find out what rear end you have under that thing. and i think if they still use them they Trucks have the 9.25 rear end

Quick Reply: Magnum SRT8 mods