General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

warning abut Dallas Dodge

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2004, 03:44 PM
rambob
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warning abut Dallas Dodge

About a year ago I had the water pump on my wifes 2000 Intrepid go bad. It was the 2.7 v6. I know these engines hav a bad rep but this one was taken very good car of. Mobil 1 5w30 every 3000 miles, chevron gas, it really was babied.
Took it to Dallas Dodge and it never was the same. Te cooling fans ran continuously when the car was being driven. They replaced the water pump and thermostat, I replaced fan switches, and temp sending unit, and bled the cooling system twice. I made sure the radiator was not blocked and the fad shroud was installed properly.
The tried to tell me the fans were supposed to run all the time, even eith the air off. This was in 50 deg. f weather. They left part of the engine wiring harness just hanging, there were bolts and screws missing from the core support. I was pissed!
I called Dodge and they helped a little, they[:'(] refunded part of the $1100.00
bill, about 140.00 I think. The dealership general manager and the service director just kept jerking me arround. Get this, the belt tensioner
broke off and I lost power stering! I saw the tensioner, it broke off at the mounting arm, the bolt hole was clean, the bolt had fallen out.

Old 05-07-2004, 02:00 AM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: warning abut Dallas Dodge

Hey man dont get all bent about Dallas Dodge, this kind of crap happens at all the dodge dealers, and just about every dealer no matter what brand. I have had several different brands of new cars over the last 6 years or so, and they have all screwed stuff up, then lie to cover their tracks! Always double check their work when you get your vehicle back, and for god's sake, ask for the parts back or to at least see them... as the infamous X-Files saying goes "Trust No One!"

Old 05-09-2004, 12:54 AM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: warning abut Dallas Dodge

Rambob, you should give my dealership a chance to win your trust. We are about 40 minutes from Dallas.. I may not always be able to make you happy but I will always tell you the truth. I NEVER HIDE FROM CUSTOMERS. Call me at 770-537-1737 and ask for DAVID, tell me you saw this and I will give you 15% off any service.

Quick Reply: warning abut Dallas Dodge