General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

everyone might find this interesting..or no one

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 11:52 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: everyone might find this interesting..or no one

Don't let that stop you. E-mail Bill or Kale and put one on order. If it works, it works. Just save me the literature and let everyone know what you think.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 04-21-2004, 11:58 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

first i have to see how the filter is that coems with the CAI. Im also not sure of what the price comparison is between the Amzoils and the K&Ns.

Old 04-24-2004, 02:34 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So for quite a while, ive been running a CAI that i made myself, but toward the edn of this winter, i decided to buy one that looked nice, and worked. So, i looked at DS, and AEM, and K&N, and although i was gonna buy DS, i found a small company that makes them. The company name is "Live For Speed Performance". I got my CAI, with a filter, and shipping, for about 90 bucks. To be honest, after hearing the horror stories of seom DS owners, which is another low cost solution, i expected the absolute worst. Well, i got the package, and inspected everything. Along with the pipes, filter, and MAFS adapter, there were all of the needed bolts, washers, and even 2 rubber mounting grommets that go between the brackets, and the frame. It looked great, and everything seemed in order.

So, around 8:45 pm tonight, i went into the garage and tore the stock piece, which i had in over the winter, out of the car, and began to put the LFSP piece in. It was a nightmare. They openly admitted that, for liability reasons, they included no directions, and it was to be installed "only by a professional mechanic", which i am. 2 and a half hours of flipping pipes, and connectors, and a few minor fabrications, its in, and it looks great in the car, and while i havent driven it yet, it sounds alot better. It used the existing holes, and the rubber grommets included seem to nicely allow enough vibration that it wont snap the brackets.\

For a bit of flare, i put one of the rubber pipe connectors from a greddy turbo system that i had lying around instead of the plain blue connectors, so it says "greddy" on the CAI, which im sure will field some questions.

but as of day one, i recommend the Live For Speed Performance, for the price.

Quick Reply: everyone might find this interesting..or no one