General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

94 caravan obdII connector

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 05:23 AM
hald
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 caravan obdII connector

I dropped the panel under the drivers' side of the dash - where is the obdII connector located? What does it look like?

I have the obd scan tool and have used it on my Oldsmobile and on a friendd's Buick. But I can't find the connector on my caravan. Help!
-Thanks in advance - Hal

Old 07-06-2006, 06:59 AM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: 94 caravan obdII connector

The OBDII system was not manditory until 1996. Some vehicles had it in 1995, few had it in 1994, so, I doubt your 1994 Caravan has a port for it.
However, don't give up hope! If you are looking for trouble codes, go to this post. Chrysler made it nice and simple. No jumper wires, or any of that non-sense.

Old 07-06-2006, 08:43 PM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 94 caravan obdII connector

Dodgerules is correct...OBDII didn't really hit Chrysler until 1996. It should still have a diagnostics connector somewhere (possibly under the hood), but it wouldn't be for an OBDII scanner anyway so it wouldn't help you.

The method in the post he linked you to works quite well. Just make sure you count everything correctly. It can lead you on a wild goose chase if you don't. [&:]

Quick Reply: 94 caravan obdII connector