General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

newbee with problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 10:58 AM
85 mud slug
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbee with problems

Hi, Guys! Im new and pretty much a mopar fan! I own a 1977 dodge Warlock that I have been in the process of restoring(which seems to be taking for ever)! I also have a 1984dodge w150 as a daily driver which is wore smack out but has 329,000 miles and is the best truck I have ever owned(20 years of ownership)!

Now for the problem I am having Ive got an 85 W150 with a 360 6 inch lift 33x122.50-15 tires that I bought wrecked! The old truck ran good when Ibought it! I bought it to mud race it ! It had a 4 barrel intake that was stock! I since have installed the Edelbrock performer intake set (cam-lifters-intake-carb 600cfm-headers-with dual 3inch stacks)! And it seemed to run pretty good but has a miss. installed new plugs (auto lite plat.) cap-rotor-ACCELL ignition coil! It seems to have a miss on both banks the left bank is on the second plug(#3 piston) it has fire! To me it seems like a vacum leak! On the heads there are two horse shoe shaped vents taht are not covered buy the new intake and if I spray starting fluid in them it makes a difference on the idle!

SORRY for the long post but am in desperate need for help got another race next weekend! Thanks in advance!

Old 09-18-2006, 12:50 AM
prowlertech01
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: newbee with problems

sounds like you have the wrong intake gaskets or the wrong intake ..i believe these are egr portsthe gaskets mayhave slipped when intake manifold installed

Quick Reply: newbee with problems