General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Dead Dash

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 05:40 PM
quadcabram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dead Dash

I have a 2002 Dodge ram. It worked fine yesterday, but when i went to drive it today, my entire dash was dead. The truck starts and will run, but none of my gauges work. My security light is on, but won't work. I have no brake lights other than the 3rd brake light. My headlights are on constantly and only go off when i turn the truck off. I have no high beams though. I do have reverse lights, but no turn signals. The overhead lights don't work. What could cause so many problems in a short amount of time?

Old 08-09-2006, 08:34 PM
buckw1
Professional
Default RE: Dead Dash

Fuse?

Old 08-18-2006, 01:38 AM
pcjeep
Default RE: Dead Dash

I remember seeing this on some ram trucks and it turned out to be a connector that had water in it so it caused all kinds of dash and light problems.
I think its a big grey or black connector maybe 20 or 30 pins. and its near the brake master cylinder close to the fender. Just open any connectors in that area and look for water inside, if you see it. blow it out and re-connect.
Does anyone know of a forum similar to this one but for Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep Dealer techs only?

Quick Reply: Dead Dash