General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2005 Magnum won't start.

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 04:07 PM
dugi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Magnum won't start.

I just bought a magnum from a auto auction that was in a front end collision and air bags deployed. The car won't start so im wondering if there is some kind of saftey measure to keep it from starting after air bags deployed? I turn the key and all i hear is a relay in the back near the battery clicking. The magnum was customized so perhaps the orginal owner had a after market chip and maybe he took it out so that might be another issue im dealing with but any advice would be much appreciated thanks.

Old 08-11-2006, 08:34 PM
buckw1
Professional
Default RE: 2005 Magnum won't start.

Probably has a alarm that is active, any keyfobs? is it the factory key? If there is a obvious add on alarm under the dash, then you just remove it, find the same colored factory wires and tie them back together, otherwise you need dealer expertise and equipment.

Old 08-18-2006, 01:12 AM
pcjeep
Default RE: 2005 Magnum won't start.

Check all your fuses very closely. Pull your asd relay, turn key on, does it have 2 hot terminals? You really need a drb3 scanner to see if your all your controllers are active and can see each other. you could have a bad pcm. one more thing, try disconnecting the cam sensor and see if it cranks over. then try disconnecting the crank sensor and see if it cranks over. Does anyone know of a forum similar to this one but for Chrysler techs only?

Quick Reply: 2005 Magnum won't start.