General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

97 Dodge Caravan hood stuck

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 11:51 AM
eblackwelder
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 Dodge Caravan hood stuck

Hi all.

The hood to our 97 Dodge Caravan won't open. I'm pretty sure that the cable is intact, as there is no slack. There is something wrong in the latch. I just can't get to it, as the hood is completely latched down. How do I get to it?

I started to take off the grill this morning, but gave up because I had to get to work, and I found that there were screws and/or bolts way up underneath which may be impossible to get at. Is it possible to get that grill off without having the hood open?

Please, any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Eric

Old 09-13-2006, 08:00 PM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: 97 Dodge Caravan hood stuck

You can try a few different screwdrivers. My brother in law had a ricer give him a slightly modded civic hatchback and the cable is broken, any time he has needed to get under the hood he just pops a screwdriver in there and manipulates the latch to open it. You may want to try some wd40 or penetrating oil on the latch as well and just let it sit and work it's way in for about 30 minutes if the cable isn't broken.

Quick Reply: 97 Dodge Caravan hood stuck