General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

jumped the gun

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 08:19 AM
fstdodgNV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jumped the gun

Hi there all,

i had to send a thread out about a problem with the o'l dodge ( 99 ram rear diff speed sensor ) anyways i have owned three mopars since i graduated highschool Dont hate me for this i kick myself all the time 69 plymouth gtx w/ origonal 440 sold in the mid nineties rust to the mid fenders from the ground ..ca coast but man did it haul took a coupl of rides 5000 MILES OR SO BEFORE I BROKE THE BLOCK HOW DUMB WAS I. well my dad let me do it to myself because i had to learn on my own to never underestimate the value of a mopar my next one i got from my dad that he got from the union 76 oil field fleet in 1996 i got it from him in about 1998 .. it was a 3/4 ton 2 bbl 318 with an automatic on 16.5" rims oh steel long bed stepside fun it was my first real truck ( previous was a toyota i blew up 5 times in 3 yrs ), well i cracked the manifold in the summer of 98' and had been through alot in about 9 months with the truck but it was about to start nickel and dimeing me to death so i pulled in and let her go at the local dodge dealer... what did i get .... november of 1998 i left my 1985 dodge ram in the lot of hartziem dodge for a stock standard cab ram 1500 2 wheel drive 1999 model efi 5.2 old fashioned crank windows and no power locks just a shortbed with that efi 318 the same truck i drive now my first new truck. Now at 40 some thousand they had to replace that cat i burned it out in early 02. I overheated the transmission on highway 9 pullin 80-95 behind crotch rocket flying away from me, well trying anyways . just the recent summer of 2004 i blew 2nd gear in the tranny had that rebuilt 75000 mmiles not bad considering i wind first out at 40-50 mph daily and second went and still goes up to 80 mph (did it once for 70+ miles didn't even realize it until i saw i was in second not drive flying down the 101 in california) . i have alot more i could talk about but then you would just ask when will it end[:@] .... but i will leave you with this i hit 104 mph on the way to work today and i will always wonder is it the durable 318 im running or the hundreds of dollars more in mobile one synthetic 10w30 i have kept in her ? thanks all

Old 09-16-2006, 02:05 PM
Daksport1pa
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: jumped the gun

Welcome to the site.

Quick Reply: jumped the gun