General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

1996 Dodge Ram Truck Stalling

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 09:48 AM
noblesart
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1996 Dodge Ram Truck Stalling

Help... I bought my 1997 Dodge Ram from my dad about 2 months ago and it started stalling on me last night. I was returning from a short trip to the store and as I let off the gass while turning up my road, it just DIED, everything: the engine, the power stearing, the power brakes and the lights. No sputtering, no flashing indicator lights... it just died (like I turned it off). The truck restarted without hesitation, but soon did it again as I turned into the driveway. It seemed to do it when I take my foot off the gas. It restarted. Than it did it for a third time when I came to a stop. I tried to restart it, but this time it felt like either it was not getting enough fuel or maybe power (I had to pump the gas and turn the key twice). It did finally restart.

Anyone with any ideas. Where do I start looking first?? Battery, idle, generator, ignition switch??? Any help would be appriciated.

Robin

Old 11-23-2006, 04:41 PM
Woody17
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1996 Dodge Ram Truck Stalling

First of all was there anything that your Dad had done as in maintenance or replaced something before you got it? I would check the simply stuff like cleaning battery terminals, IAC and throttle body cleaning and see where that gets you. Keep us updated, good luck

Quick Reply: 1996 Dodge Ram Truck Stalling