General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Blower fan - cold air in cabin

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 10:34 PM
MiniVan Mom
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blower fan - cold air in cabin

I have a problem with my 2003 Grand Caravan blower fan motor only working on high. My mech changed the resister - worked for 2 wks and burned out - replaced again along with the cabin intake Hepa filter. Worked for 2 wks and now only works on high again- What is wrong with it?? and can Ifix it??Could it be the switch itself?

Also, since he changed the Hepa filter I have cold air coming in the glove box area and a subtle cold air blowing at my lower legs with cool air coming out at the feet while the mid-level air is hot - mech says it is a seperate problem with a blend door. Cold air poors in while driving with recycle switch on. I never had a problem until they changed the Hepa filter. Could they have broken something while changing the filter and not willing to fix it - I have brought it back to them about 5 times - they say they cannot find anyting wrong and have change the filter in case it was faulty. I'm about ready to get rid of the thing if it can't be fixed cheaply but not able to afford much right now. HELP.

Old 02-20-2007, 05:43 PM
ahchi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Blower fan - cold air in cabin

I have same problem with my Grand caravan 2005 SE, But i did nothave the cabin filter.I noticed that my feet were getting progressively colder, even with the heat on high. pouring out of a vent on the floor, but next to it where the center console is, warm air is coming. It is impossible to drive when the temperature is lower than -10. I got dealers to check 5 times already. all they said is nothing wrong with it.
Could any one help?

Quick Reply: Blower fan - cold air in cabin