General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

won't start

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 03:04 PM
zill
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default won't start

I have a 96 1500 4x4 with a 360 engine, this is the second time this has happened, the truck started and quit right after it fired up then it won't start, you can smell gas and when checking the fuel pressure there is very little or none. The first time this happened i took out the fuse for the fuel pump and cycled the pump till i had pressure back and it started, this time that won't work. Has anyone had this problem?

Old 05-16-2007, 03:17 AM
HellaciousHemi
Veteran
Default RE: won't start

I have the same problem with my 98 Ram, but i just hold the pedal n keep it running, after a few minutes of two-footin it down the road it will hold idle. I havent figured it out yet, dodge looked at my computer n saw nothing. But my guessin its gotta be a sensor like cam or crank because if those are faulty intermittently one might be the culpret but ill see what i find out in the future.

Old 05-24-2007, 07:11 AM
kent_08
Rookie
Default RE: won't start

Did the starter motor turns engine strongly? and does it has a strong smell of petrol after repeated attempts at starting? if the answer is yes, your Dodge engine parts is flooded with petrol... Just for wait 15 minutes for excess petrol to evaporate, then try again without using manual choke... Depress the accelerator pedal slowly to the floor and keep it there... Don't pump the pedal, you will flood the carburettor again... If possible ask a mechanic to fix the flooded petrol, because it can reoccur... Goodluck!!!!

Quick Reply: won't start