Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Airram

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 11:41 PM
meurich
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airram

Anyone using an Airram on thier dodge RAM ? How well does it work?

Old 02-01-2004, 08:47 PM
lawntycoon
Professional
Default Airram

mine is ordered and on the way..I had a long talk with Nick the owner and builder of the air ram and after wards decided to purchase. His cai is the style i was looking for however there are two other companies that sell that type of "style" (set up) . His was the least expensive and the only one that is insulated for cooler air...........My final opinion will be noted upon recieving and testing his product.......I cant see myself being disapointed..i am not promoting his product ...yet!

Old 02-02-2004, 12:08 PM
meurich
Default Airram

please let us know how it works after a couple of weeks. I like the insulation feature as well, although I like the looks of the AEM better.</P>

Old 02-02-2004, 07:58 PM
lawntycoon
Professional
Default Airram

You bet!!!!!

Old 02-04-2004, 02:44 AM
lawntycoon
Professional
Default Airram

I read on another forum where a individual purchased a 360 and a air ram CAI and dynoed both at his own expense and the air ramshowed it had turned out 5hp and torque more than the 360 on a dyno chart..I have looked all over and cant find it again..............

Old 03-06-2004, 01:36 AM
lawntycoon
Professional
Default RE: Airram

UPDATE!!!! installed my new air ram in about 15 minutes......I reset the cpu just in case....and I want to tell you!!!! that 50 series flowmaster is flowing some serious air.......This hemi is different now....the deep MOAN sound That I have now under WOT gets anyones attention....When I hammer down and hang on I can tell that the single exhaust is holding back some pressure.but she is a different ram for sure.....it wants to roll out harder....It takes some used to because of the deep moan under accelleration I didnt have before...on the interstate it cruises effortlessly . just a touch of the accellerator and we are off .

Old 03-06-2004, 06:24 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool![sm=smiley16.gif]Glad to hear that it's working out really well for you.[sm=smiley20.gif]I need to get a few items like that done to my SRT-4 and talk my dad into getting things done to his Hemi Ram.[sm=smiley4.gif]

Old 04-11-2004, 09:09 AM
Xtremerides

lawntycoon
I saw that thread over on the other fourms. But not to get into a long drawn out debate about this, but! AirRams dyno didn't show any gains. 360 Air Intakez has 2 differnet kits each with dyno charts. One showed 12hp and 16 TQ and the power shot shows 10HP 19 TQ across the rpm band. But AirRam is claiming he got 5HP more on top of 360 Intakez dyno numbers? That should put the Airram kit about 15HP and around 20+ TQ
Did you fell that with the AirRam kit? I first made my own kit with the same pvc tube, hardware and setup like the AirRam sells with his kit. It felt stronger but not 15 HP & over 20 ft lbs TQ difference.

Not to knock the AirRam kit but I made this kit for less then $100, the most expensive part was the air filter. Here is the parts list to make your own AirRam kit. You can get it from any hardware store.

Parts List:
4" ABS Plumbers pipe (1)
90 degree bends (3)
rubber boot reducer (1)
Hotwater heater wrap
Air Filter (http://www.truckperformance.com or other online place)

It might not look pretty but it's a whole lot cheaper for the same setup,
and I'm happy with it.

Xtremerides

[IMG]local://upfiles/3241/Wt590406781.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-21-2004, 12:34 AM
lawntycoon
Professional

I dont deny that someone could make there own CaI. And I really believe that all of these CAI are close in gains.......think about it............... Its not rocket science. I recieved the HP increase chart from Airram. as does most companies have their own dyno's . I chose Airram for a few reasons and simply my personal preference. It has a 4" ID, insulated, light in weight, and the filter is positioned as far forward as you can get, it cost $175.00 and its simple to install. I did and still do feel the increase pull from the line and at around 3000 rpms for sure! It seems that at that range if a back off the accellerator a little the ram really responds effortlessly. Its a blast to drive.....I have had this truck since 01/04/04 and still cant get enough of its pull.

Old 05-28-2004, 06:37 PM
glock45
Professional

I have purchased mine just a couple of days ago, after looking at the K&N FIPK and some others the AIR RAM with the 4" dia and extra insulation seemed to be the best bet.

I am coupling this with my new Fastman 70mm TB so I hope to see some difference!

Will let you know and send up some pics when its in.

Quick Reply: Airram