Jeeps The tough off road capability of ANY Jeep model from the Wrangler to the fully loaded Grand Cherokee keeps this cousin of Dodge the king of every hill.

01 GC high rev help

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 06:11 PM
josef15111
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 GC high rev help

hey guys i have a question. ok maybe more than one but they have something to do with the 4.7 v8 in my 01 jeep grand cherokee Limited. I am haven a problem with when it starts it wil rev up to around 2k then slowly drop down it does this anytime of year hot cold it dont matter. does anyone have this problem or is it supposed to do it? and another thing is i pluged a scanner in to it just to see what it would tell me and it showed up with no codes, so i looked at the live signals and it seems that my TPS sensor is showing 12% open at idle and it will on go to 77% open at WOT. So i checked the web and seen that it was supposed to be around .8 at 0% and go smoothly to 4.0 voltsish. is this right?? i checked mine and it was under .8 at closed and went to around 3.7 to 3.8 at WOT. i dont have any lights or any codes. i just replaced the plugs with the factorys spec ones the copper cores. i read that they work better than plats? is this true and if it isnt can some one tell me a good plug to put in instead..? thanks for the replys all

Joe

Old 01-02-2009, 05:46 PM
josef15111
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So no ones had any problems like this???

Quick Reply: 01 GC high rev help