Jeeps The tough off road capability of ANY Jeep model from the Wrangler to the fully loaded Grand Cherokee keeps this cousin of Dodge the king of every hill.

We Bought A Jeep!! w00t!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 06:59 PM
ViperGTS
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default We Bought A Jeep!! w00t!

So last night we replaced the rental which replaced the totalled Ford Explorer. We went to a Kia dealership in Laurel and bought a used 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 60K miles for $12,000. It's almost loaded, if not loaded...so sweet. My mom was looking at the Blazer and Envoy so I said something like, "Mom, it's a Chevy... it's garbage...get the Jeep" so she did.

I'm impressed, but moisture gets into one of the front headlamps. Can that be fixed without replacing the whole light?

BTW, my DF license plate frames are already on it It's way better then having Kia tags on a Jeep. Lol

-Matt-

Old 08-07-2005, 02:05 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: We Bought A Jeep!! w00t!

Congratulations Matt!! Thats AWESOME!!

~Amanda

Old 08-09-2005, 07:58 PM
thump186
Record Breaker

depends on where its leaking from matt. more then likely you will need a replacement lense. the price i have for a new one is 224.00

Old 08-09-2005, 08:01 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

For starters, take the lense off and fill it with water......see where its leaking from.... if its a small crack....you might be able to get away with using some kind of sealant. Like thump186 said though, chances are you will need to replace it.

Old 08-10-2005, 05:06 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

That's a great idea Devil. I used to do that with my bike tires in a way, but never thought of doing it with a lens. We called the dealer and they never called us back yet, I hope they pay for it. Lol. Thanks for the help

Thats AWESOME!!
Yeah it is. 4 wheel drive, and heated seats too! =D

-Matt-

Old 08-10-2005, 05:16 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Well, if you got a good salesman, he'll probably be willing to make the extra effort to see you happy. The last two sales people I have dealt with I have recommended to several ppl simply because of their professionalism and their willingness to go the extra step.

My stepdad actually showed me that trick. I had a 91-92 Mercury Tracer that had the same problem. It had actually cracked along a seam and it was just a lil opening...like the size of a Pen tip....so we lined it up with some silicone. You could also use some apoxy. Again, it all depends on how big the hole/crack is.

Old 08-10-2005, 06:09 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

because of their professionalism and their willingness to go the extra step.
Our guy wasn't really a professional, still new. We wanted him to fix the broken air vent and the lining by the moon roof also, but he pretty much said we should have said something at the lot and it was too late. Looks like he'll be reffered by some happy costumers! [&o]

-Matt-

Old 08-29-2005, 10:58 PM
ATL Neon

I hope it works out for you, WJs are sweet but plaigued with problems, especially transmission and transfer case problems. The Zjs were even worse. The only reliable fairly new Jeeps are Cherokees (XJs), and the later Wranglers (TJ and late YJs). We'll see how the WK, XK, etc turn out. I've owned a lot of Jeeps over the years and frequent alot of Jeep discussion forums.

This isnt going to be a popular opinion on here but she might have been better off with the Trailblazer/Envoy.

Old 09-05-2005, 04:33 AM
muddauber5.7
Professional

I agree with you ATL neon, As I have a 2000 grand cher. limited bought new. They are very prone to problems, mine now has just over 43,000 miles. It started with about 9,000 miles the torque converter was replaced after being in the dealer three times before they fixed it, I,ve had clear coat peeling,sunroof inside molding around headliner replaced, rubber seals on doors replaced, rotors warped at 18,000 miles, the rear brake lights corroded and quit working, if I was you I'd take off rear tail lenses,take out the brake light bulb and put die electric grease around it. That'll keep the moisture out,same thing will probably happen with your front lense thats leaking moisture already. And I keep mine maintained very well and as you can see it doesn't have many miles. Oh I can't forget the chrome peeling off the jeep and grand cher, and 4x4 emblems. And right now I think my u joints are wearing out!!!! All in All their junk except for the awesome 4.0 engine that will run forever. Glad I bought the extended warranty.

Old 09-07-2005, 08:12 PM
ViperGTS
Banned

Oh I can't forget the chrome peeling off the jeep and grand cher, and 4x4 emblems
That is happening with our front emblem also. I hope ours doesn't begin to have that many probs. Is all that stuff an issue with the 04'/05' models?

-Matt-

Quick Reply: We Bought A Jeep!! w00t!