K-Cars The generation of cars that will forever live in infamy. The glorious K-car.

no boost in 1st gear

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 04:53 PM
86turbomni
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no boost in 1st gear

I was wondering if anyone knew how to get an 86 dodge omni to get boost in 1st gear. someone was telling me that mopar makes a shiftlinkage kit to open the wasegate in 1st but i was wondering if anyone knew how i could do this without any aftermarket parts. if anyone has any info like met links or any info on just how to do it i would be very thannkfull.

Old 08-31-2005, 02:51 AM
87Indy500
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: no boost in 1st gear

ORIGINAL: 86turbomni

I was wondering if anyone knew how to get an 86 dodge omni to get boost in 1st gear. someone was telling me that mopar makes a shiftlinkage kit to open the wasegate in 1st but i was wondering if anyone knew how i could do this without any aftermarket parts. if anyone has any info like met links or any info on just how to do it i would be very thannkfull.
You can make an adjustable waste gate arm, or you could search the bone yard for a TI car that came with on from factory (I have a few), but I would suggest if you'd like a faster spool-up to go with a Grainger valve(see here). Its easier to install and it's adjustable. You can also make your own, but for $25 I'd just but one.

Also a Mopar Performance computer or a custom calibrated computer would work nicely in conjunction with the Grainger valve as well...(see here)

I'm using the Grainger valve and a Mopar Performance computer in my GLH an I'm very pleased with how it runs.

Hope this helps....

Quick Reply: no boost in 1st gear