Members Rides This section is for the members to show off their vehicles. Please read the rules before posting.

2004 Durango SLT 4.7 Graphite Grey Metallic

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 10:56 PM
madtownSLT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 Durango SLT 4.7 Graphite Grey Metallic

Absolutely love my Durango! Only thing that bugs me, does anyone have any ideas what to do to cover the mounting holes where the original Factory running boards were attached? I was thinking some sort of rubber trim, or something. Just hate that you can see the holes, looks like crap IMO.

YOU CAN CLEARLY SEE THE HOLES IN THE MIDDLE PIC. Please, any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails 2004 Durango SLT 4.7 Graphite Grey Metallic-4-27-09-048.jpg   2004 Durango SLT 4.7 Graphite Grey Metallic-4-27-09-054.jpg   2004 Durango SLT 4.7 Graphite Grey Metallic-4-27-09-055.jpg  

Last edited by madtownSLT; 05-25-2009 at 12:43 AM.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:41 AM
madtownSLT

Any thoughts guys on how to cover the holes from the OEM running boards? Ive thought about a piece of black rubber trim. Someone else suggested some Chrome tape but Im not sure if that will look "cheap" and tacky. Ive racked my brain and dont know. Im sure somebody on here has better and brighter ideas than myself.
THANKS!

Old 05-25-2009, 06:26 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice looking Durango. I would just go with some thin strip of rubber...

Old 06-10-2009, 02:08 AM
madtownSLT

Thanks midnight, Ill probably just go that route. Any ideas how to attach it, maybe some "super" adhesive? haha. Serisously, Ive thought about it but Im not quite sure.
thanks again

Old 06-13-2009, 03:23 PM
JapintheR

get that mighty putty stuff they advertise on tv. fill your holes sand smooth and paint with factory match paint. Bit of effort involved but it'll look clean for sure.

Old 06-17-2009, 02:30 AM
madtownSLT

ericemery and JapintheR, Both great ideas. Ill let you know and hopefully post pics when finished.
Thanks!!

Old 06-24-2009, 05:53 PM
sleds
Veteran

Your rig looks great. What did you fill those holes up with?

Old 08-30-2009, 11:49 PM
madtownSLT

Originally Posted by sleds
Your rig looks great. What did you fill those holes up with?
Still havent and its driving me nuts!!! I was gonna try the suggestions until I noticed my wife has an 06 durango that came without any factory running boards. Her's has a simple piece of black plastic molding on each side that is just clipped onto the factory mounting holes where the OEM running boards would bolt on to. Ive been searching like crazy to find these and keep coming up with nothing. Ive even visited several junk yards in my area but cant find any durangos that dont already have the factory running boards on them. Does anyone know what this piece of molding would be called, or where in the world I could find a pair? It would work perfect for me and any help would be greatly appreciated. Ill try and take a pic of her's tomorrow so you guys can see exactly what Im talking about. Ah man, if i could find these, it would be like Christmas come early.....

Thanks again guys!
John

Quick Reply: 2004 Durango SLT 4.7 Graphite Grey Metallic