Mid West IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

Official 2010 Meet & Greet Thread - 4th Annual DodgeForum M&G!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 09:30 AM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Official 2010 Meet & Greet Thread - 4th Annual DodgeForum M&G!

Its time for everyone to start their planning to attend the 4th Annual Northern US/Canada Meet & Greet!!!

Last year, DodgeForum was one of the official sponsors of the big car show at the Walter P. Chrysler museum and everyone who attended had a great time. Early rain kept some people home but later in the day it got to be pretty nice out. After the show we went to hooters to eat, drink and raise some hell...one of us may have gotten into a short street race with a Mustang. Anyways...after hooters we all split up for a while and met at Dave and busters until they kicked us out. It was a hell of a good time. On Sunday, the few who were still in the area headed back to the museum for some shots of the vhiecles together. Here is a link to the front page piece about last year's show (click me!)

This year, since we will likely have a handful of members making a weekend out of it, we are planning more stuff for people to do. We will once again be sponsoring the 2010 Chrysler Employee Motorsports Associations Museum Car Show on Saturday June 12, 2010 and will have a tent set up for members to meet, hang out, etc. While this show is heavily populated by Mopars, it IS open to all sorts of vehicles and its a great show!! After the car show, we will head to Hooters for some wings and beers (this can be changed if anyone has other ideas, but weve had fun there the last three years). On Sunday, we are planning to meet in the AM for breakfast then head to a local go kart track to see how quickly we can get thrown out. Rumor has it that Billy Bolt is a semi pro go kart driver with a track license and all. Afterwards, we will be heading somewhere to get pictures of the vehicles together..maybe the museum..I dont know yet. For those coming into town on Friday night, we will have something for people to do. Last year, a bunch of people were at our house watching the Pittsburgh Penguins beat the Red Wings.

Here are the full details for the 4th Annual DodgeForum.com Northern US/Canada Area Meet, Greet, and Cruise!!!

Here is the information:
When: June 11-13 2010

What: As mentioned, DodgeForum will be sponsoring the big Museum car show, and that show runs from 9am to 3pm on Saturday the 12th. Members can show up (free to spectators...if you want to show your vehicle, i think that it costs 15 dollars if you register by May 26, 2010) during the show and enjoy the museum, the huge car show, and hang out in the DF tent. Admission to the museum is $4, but if you register to show your vehicle, its included in the cost of show entry. There is also free parking across from the museum, which is where we have parked in past years. Two years ago, the show was so packed that the free lot was like a show in itself.

Here are some pictures from the past years show:

Once the show ends at 3pm, we can cruise over to Hooters to have dinner. After dinner, those who are from out of town can get to their hotels and relax a bit, and we will reconvene at Dave and Busters at 9pm. We do ask that if you are planning to enjoy alcoholic beverages at the show, Hooters, or D&Bs, that you have a designated driver planned. Last year (and i imagine this year) Billy Bolt, Eric Emery and a few others stayed at one of the hotels next to D&Bs.

On Sunday, we will meet at the hotel where the most members are staying, most likely somewhere around Hall and Hayes roads. We intend to cruise to the museum to get some pictures of the vehicles outside on a day where there arent hundreds of show cars everywhere and depending on how much time we have, maybe hit some other photo-op spots. Also, probably before going to get group pictures, a bunch of members expressed interest in hitting a local go kart track that has like 3-4 different tracks.

Who: This event is open to all DodgeForum.com members, and if you are coming and know other Dodge/Mopar enthusiasts, bring them along!!

Price: The show is free to spectators. The museum admission during the show is $4. If you want to show your car in the big CEMA Show, it is $15 preregistered and $20 the day of the show. Once I have an idea of how many people are coming to go karting, I will see if there is any group rate.

The price of Hooters and D&Bs depends on how much you eat and drink!

RSVP: While we arent requiring any sort of official RSVP, it would be great of those who are coming would post up here and let us know. Even if you cant stay for long, it would be great to see as many of the members as possible at this event! When you post to let us know, please let us know what vehicle you would probably be in! In the past years, we have had a great many people who say "ill be there!" and then who dont show up. The problem with this is that we have to make sure that we have room at hooters, etc. So, those of you who are interested in coming, please let us know if youre serious about showing up. Ive added a poll to keep track of who is and isnt coming. Please answer the poll honestly..its important.

Prizes: This year, Amanda and I have put together some prizes for members who are in attendance, including a variety of Dodge items and while those prize packages aren't finalized, we WILL have prizes including some Dodge hats (shown below) and of course the free hooters meal.

Walter P. Chrysler Museum
One Chrysler Drive
Auburn Hills, Michigan 48326-2778
1-888-456-1924

Hooters of Troy 2
2950 Rochester Road
Troy, MI 48083
(248) 740-1574

So, post here if you plan on attending, and I will continuously update this post with a list of who is coming. Also, try to mention what you will be driving. If you have a friend or friends that will be coming along, mention that here as well, and their vehicle. (If they have Dodge products, they should be able to post here themselves, if you get my drift! )

Last edited by BadStratRT; 03-09-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:00 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

so, lets start up the list. I will update it as you go. As you RSVP, I want it to be serious as those who say "oh ill be there" and dont show up will get a new title...something catchy.

1. BadStratRT - 2002 Dodgubishi R/T Coupe or 2006 Dodge Ram QC or 1992 Plymouth Laser
2. DodgeGirl19 - 1972 Dodge Demon 340
3. lghtngblt02 (and Nicole) - 2007 Dodge Dakota CC
4. 94RT10Ohio - Viper or SRT10 Ram
5. Altair - 2005 Dodge Dakota
6. Midnight - Boeing 737
7. Slick_Dakota - Dakota
8. LoudPedal - Riding with midnight
9. ericemery (and Jess)- 1992 Eagle Talon
10. Mowhawk - 2000 Dodge Ram
11. MrCrash - 2008 Dodge Dakota
12. bigtman07 - 1998 Ram 1500 Sport
13. Laramie1997 - 2010 Toyota Prius
14. Rare Aries - Boeing 737
15. 99RedRam318 - 1999 Dodge Ram
15. KenZ - 2005 quad cab dually diesel
16. Thumper1279 - ???
17. Exubus - Neon or 300M
18. THIS SHOULD BE YOU!!!

There are several "maybes" that I have not added to the list...

Last edited by BadStratRT; 04-29-2010 at 09:36 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:32 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

lghtngblt02 - 2007 Dodge Dakota CC

Old 03-08-2010, 04:45 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

also, those of you who are coming for sure and are bringing a girlfriend or wife...or both if your wife is the super coolest...please post that so that i have a head count.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:39 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion

Laramie1997- ???- What ever I can rent when I get up there..

I will be there, but just don't know what I'm driving. Already have the plane tickets scheduled.

High possible- 3 other people.

Last edited by Laramie1997; 03-13-2010 at 01:10 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:45 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Keep the rain away and I will be there.... SRT Ram if I have it, Viper if not.

Old 03-08-2010, 10:59 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant

Lance, you wont come up with the Hemi if the weather is less than perfect? Last year, it was crappy early on but later in the day (noonish) it was very nice. I understand you not wanting to bring the viper vehicles out but if its not to nice, perhaps youll make the trip in the new ram?

Old 03-08-2010, 11:30 PM
Altair
Dak attack!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Altair - 2005 Dodge Dakota

Old 03-09-2010, 03:37 AM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

<----- This guy, 2004 Stratus Coupe R/T or my feet.

Old 03-09-2010, 12:00 PM
lghtngblt02
The RAM Administrator
Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

oooh yeah, Nic is coming too so make that two in my truck...

Chase I vote for Feet! Its pimp...

Quick Reply: Official 2010 Meet & Greet Thread - 4th Annual DodgeForum M&G!