Mid West IL, IN, IA, MI, MN, MO, OH, WI

Please help me find a Magnum RT Shop

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 01:06 AM
Hockeyjohn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help me find a Magnum RT Shop

I live in Canada, near Toronto and my son has spent the last 4 years playing hockey at MSU in Lansing MI, now playing in Kalamazoo MI. He borrowed my 2005 Magnum RT in July, loved it, so he kept it! I was so happy he finally likes the right kind of cars, I let him keep it!
The car has a slow rad drip that can cause temp probs if not watched, then no heat sometimes, and obviously the place in kalamazoo I took it left air in system, and had no idea whether it needed a new rad, new thermostat!? All Dodge dealers were pulled from Kzoo re bailout, so I'm helpless.
Where should I take Maggie in Kzoo, or E Lancing/Lancing to get a proper diagnosis of problems, pro fix, fair price! Help! (Carless now so search for SRT8 begins).

Old 12-19-2010, 03:28 AM
coreybv
Veteran

Send him a Haynes manual.

This is the sort of simple car problem that ALL men should know how to track down and fix, and he's at the age where he needs to be learning some of these basic skills. (Actually, if he's in college, he's well past the age where his father should have taught him the basics of vehicle maintenance.)

No need to find a specialty shop.

Have you even taught the kid how to change a flat tire, or did you just get him a AAA card?

Last edited by coreybv; 12-19-2010 at 03:35 AM.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:15 AM
Hockeyjohn

Originally Posted by coreybv
Send him a Haynes manual.

This is the sort of simple car problem that ALL men should know how to track down and fix, and he's at the age where he needs to be learning some of these basic skills. (Actually, if he's in college, he's well past the age where his father should have taught him the basics of vehicle maintenance.)

No need to find a specialty shop.

Have you even taught the kid how to change a flat tire, or did you just get him a AAA card?
Well Corey, your a real winner - I feel sorry for your son. I did teach my son something far more important, and that is to respect others and assist them whenever he can! Since the age of 16 my son has played hockey in Bradenton Florida, Chicago, Georgtown ON, Indianapolis, 4 year scholorship and a D1 National Chamionship at Michigan State and now plays pro hockey. Gosh its amazing he didn't learn how to replace a rad in a Magnum along the way! Thanks again for your thoughtful response.

Old 12-26-2010, 11:18 PM
pro tech
Rookie

Just south of Kazoo off 131......http://www.vicksburgchryslerdodge.com/index.htm

Outstanding dealership, bought both my R/T's from Kal there.

^

Old 12-27-2010, 12:30 PM
Hockeyjohn
Default Seaon's Greetings

Originally Posted by pro tech
Just south of Kazoo off 131......http://www.vicksburgchryslerdodge.com/index.htm

Outstanding dealership, bought both my R/T's from Kal there.

^
Thanks kindly for the help - that's GREAT - my son came home to Canada for a short Christmas break and my local boys slipped a new rad in the Mag and got her road ready. In January, will be hunting for a baby'd low-mile Black Magnum SRT8, so I'll pay these boys a visit when I'm down there fer hockey.

Old 12-29-2010, 09:26 AM
Dantra
Rookie

You may find the answer that you are looking for on a different forum... one that is LX specific. I recommend that you stop in and have a look at lxforums.com

My wife and I have been on that forum for years, it is a very helpful and friendly site.... alot of Canadians are very active there.

Best of luck

Old 01-12-2011, 11:16 PM
Hockeyjohn
Default Thank You!

Originally Posted by Dantra
You may find the answer that you are looking for on a different forum... one that is LX specific. I recommend that you stop in and have a look at lxforums.com

My wife and I have been on that forum for years, it is a very helpful and friendly site.... alot of Canadians are very active there.

Best of luck
Thank you for the help - I've been away, and anxious to resume my search for a cared - for black Magnum SRT8, and I'll definitely try that forum. All thte Best in 2011!

Quick Reply: Please help me find a Magnum RT Shop