Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Mopar Stage 2 Upgrade Numbers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 12:57 AM
Barneydriver
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mopar Stage 2 Upgrade Numbers?

yeah, bustin' straight out w/ the "lying" accusation was a little extreme for someone who wasn't there and hasn't seen your dyno sheet. i think you've proven reliable in the past (imho). although i do think that particular dyno was posting pretty low #'s. what kind of dyno was it and what kind of fan were you using?

Old 09-06-2004, 03:39 AM
bubba321

sweet, thanks for the replies and links guys. awesome!

Old 09-06-2004, 04:06 AM
andybuzz2u

Check out the October issue of sport compact car. They add a Stage 2 with toys to there personal SRT-4, Also Ethan Bayer, the guy who built the stage turbo kits does the install, probally the best on going tech on the SRT-4, this side of Mopar.
They made 250 hp and 280 pounds of torque with magnaflow exhaust maxxfab down pipe and 101 octane gas, plus other minor mods...9 more hp and 17 more foot pounds over the stage 1 running 91 octane gas...PartVI:Our gas sucks....yes it does.

Old 09-06-2004, 10:25 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I need not worry about any of this until I can afford it.[&o]

Old 09-06-2004, 02:38 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

it was a dynojet, and they were using the standard fan that comes with the dyno. part of the problem also was that for whatever reason the guy didn't use the exhaust ventilation, so all that carbon dioxide was pumped right back into the shop. so not only was it horribly hot and humid, the cars were sucking in co2. it was 65 degrees outside and 86 in the shop [:@]

we're actually trying to find another shop that would be willing to do a group rate so that we can compare, because none of us were happy with the numbers that we put down. if we do find another shop and the same cars run again, i'll be sure to report the new numbers if there's a difference (which i think there definitely will be).

Old 09-06-2004, 03:13 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Yeah, one of the magazine articles noted the difference in gasolines due to the different additives they put in them in different parts of the country and the difference it made in the dyno runs. Seasons of the year will have an impact as well, since refiners add ceretain things for summer gas and different things for winter gas...

Old 09-07-2004, 06:04 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All dynos will yield different results as they use differing ways in which they measure the engines output.

Old 09-07-2004, 06:34 AM
Barneydriver
Captain

yeah, sounds like a bad dyno day. honestly, though, any dyno isn't really a reliable indicator of actual hp, since they all use correction equations for temp dev, alt, humidity, etc- what they're really useful for is indicating gains from mods- as long as you use the same dyno (i know you know this pc, i'm just illustrating the point for those who might not understand the notorious unreliability of dyno #'s).

Quick Reply: Mopar Stage 2 Upgrade Numbers?