Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

MaxxFab Muffler Removal...

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007 | 03:18 PM
Aceburner
|
Veteran
Default MaxxFab Muffler Removal...

Hey how is everyone!
Ok so I got my Maxxfab 3" Dual Tip TBE w/o Catright... I go through hell putting on the 02 Housing and finish up the rest of the exhaust. I put everything away and got all cleaned up. I start the car... instead of the great roar I was expecting I get a deeper stock exhaust sound. Now I was kinda shocked on how quiet the exhaust was. I figured it was a leak.... nope everything checked out. So I looked at the muffler. It's big and obviously muffles all the sound.

So has anyone ever removed the muffler and motified their exhaust? I want to know how much louder it was. I'm thinking about replacing the rear end of the exhaust with my own tips and without the muffler (except on the tips like the single back exhaust Maxxfab sells).
Can someone also tell me where I can get some nice burnt tips (the tips with the bluish color on the end)?

Thanks

Old 04-13-2007 | 04:07 PM
Aceburner
|
Veteran
Default RE: MaxxFab Muffler Removal...

Does anyone have a exhaust without a big muffler? How loud is it? I was trying to see if anyone had a Maxxfab one w/o the muffler.

Old 04-13-2007 | 04:14 PM
prpaster
Professional
Default RE: MaxxFab Muffler Removal...

I have MPx Turbo Back with no cat and just a resinator and it is pretty loud but i like it. There are some sound clips on srtforums i bet

Quick Reply: MaxxFab Muffler Removal...