Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Pics of recent work.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 06:32 PM
MChat
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of recent work.

Some pics of the recent work:

Rear Firewall:

Trans-shield:

Fuel Pressure Regulators:

Battery and AEM Peak & Hold Injector driver:

And some wierd "growth" on the back of the car:

Old 04-23-2007, 06:42 PM
AirWolf
Default RE: Pics of recent work.

Really nice work bet that took awhile and nice srt4 mean lookin rear love those tinted tails .

Old 04-23-2007, 06:52 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

lol i thought that was a light saber or something coming out of the engine in one of those pics. i was like wow! it can chop your arm off too!!! hahaha

what's your projected times with her?

Old 04-23-2007, 10:48 PM
MChat
Captain

ORIGINAL: PSI Chick

lol i thought that was a light saber or something coming out of the engine in one of those pics. i was like wow! it can chop your arm off too!!! hahaha

what's your projected times with her?
LOL... Yea when I downloaded the pic from the camera I was wondering what it was... I think the strap from the camera got in the way.

The goal with the car is 9's. When I first started this build it was "just" 10's. Along the way plans changed and I got talked into ALOT more than I originally planned by my old fabricator. Then my old fabricator sat around and did 2 weeks worth of work in about 9 months... hence why he's my OLD fabricator. When I got my car back from him I discovered that he screwed up the tubular manifold (plus alot of other things as well)... so for the past few months I've been working on things myself nights & weekends. This car should have been done almost a year ago [:@]but it should be up and running in the next 3 weeks.

Temporarily I'll beusing a borrowed HP66 and off-the-shelf parts from AGP. The goal is to hit 9's on off-the-shelf parts and then build a new tubular manifold, complete the water-air aftercooler and add a T70 (or bigger?) turbo and see how far we can push the DCR race engine and trans. All of this extra safety equipment (Trans shield,Flexplate shield, roll-cage, rear firewall, parachute mount)is really off-setting what little weight redux I've done (Fiberglass hood & trunk, rear seat taken out & trunk carpet removed); I'm hoping that when all is said and done I'm close to (+/- 50lbs)stock weight.

Old 04-23-2007, 11:01 PM
monstab757
Professional

Dude...you are a mad scientist...lol. I mean that in a good way.

Old 04-23-2007, 11:55 PM
SRT_YA
Record Breaker

I heart MCHAT's car and his work... hehehe... I can't wait to hear about that thing on the track! hehehe

Old 04-24-2007, 12:22 AM
PSI Chick
Champion

you think you can hit a 9 on a t66?it's a big turbo, but is that going to be enough? i'm just speaking from what i've been seeing with the n2mb car, they're struggling to get 9's and are running a t72. now there's beena TON of problems with that car to date so it's never really seen a clean run on high boost (best is a 10.02 @ 23psi). seeing the issues that they're having with that big a turbo i'm just wondering if that t66 will have what you need for single digits.

Old 04-24-2007, 12:43 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Those are some SERIOUS mods!!!!!!!!

Dusty

Old 04-24-2007, 12:55 AM
MChat
Captain

ORIGINAL: PSI Chick

you think you can hit a 9 on a t66?it's a big turbo, but is that going to be enough? i'm just speaking from what i've been seeing with the n2mb car, they're struggling to get 9's and are running a t72. now there's beena TON of problems with that car to date so it's never really seen a clean run on high boost (best is a 10.02 @ 23psi). seeing the issues that they're having with that big a turbo i'm just wondering if that t66 will have what you need for single digits.
Hmmm. 10.02 @ 23psi with a T-72. I know they're taking it easy with the car, working the "bugs" out. But I just can't help to think that 24 or 25psi will push them right into the 9's and with a turbo that big you could practically run pump gas @ 25psi. With water injection I ran 23psi on the street on pump gas with the GT3076R and had no detonation issues.

Also they ran 10.3 with the car breaking up on the top end of the track due to lack of fuelwith an HP61. I think an HP66 w/ supporting fuel should be able to knock at least 3/10ths off... and I DO have the fuel. I'm running an Aermotive Eliminator Fuel Pump, 1600cc injectors (w/ AEM's peak & hold injector driver) and -8an lines from the fuel pump to the fuel rail. The only other issue as far as making the power is concerned is the ignition: and I've got something on the way to take care of that too.

Old 04-24-2007, 01:07 AM
PSI Chick
Champion

yea they know that there's a 9 in her, she's just being a complete pain in the *** about it. it's all little stupid things too, the major stuff seems to be worked out. they ran out of fuel on the 61 at 900ft lol there were 750's in the car, don't ask me why. that's been fixed.

good luck with her, hope you get all the bugs worked out and get some good numbers

Quick Reply: Pics of recent work.