Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Timing may be off!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 03:08 AM
Jgard125
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Timing may be off!!!

I was wondering why the whole front end of my car shakes when I start from a stop like anyone would in first gear. I have major air upgrades exhaust, hard pipe kit, intake, big *** fmic, and blow off valve. I started having a problem after I put my hard pipe kit on and removed the stock blow off valve. I put the block off plate on as well as a hks on my cold pipe side. Every time I start in first gear I get a bad shutter. My engine obviously doesnt like something to do with the hard pipe kit. I also get this problem in start stop traffic when im using alot of clutch in first gear. I was wondering why this would be doing this. Maybe its just my clutch or maybe its the ssqv. O and also note I swaped the hks with a turbo-xs rfl that was a buddy of mines and I still have the same problem.

Old 05-29-2007, 04:18 AM
PSI Chick
Champion
Default RE: Timing may be off!!!

are you on the stock clutch? it sounds like chatter, try giving it more gas.

Old 05-29-2007, 10:54 AM
SRT_YA
Record Breaker

did you unhook the battery and "reset" the computer? just curious... doubtful this would make a difference... but...

Old 05-29-2007, 01:48 PM
Jgard125

Yea I am on a stock clutch! I wouldnt think that I need to give it more gas because my rpms are fine. But maybe my engine is getting too much air and not enough fuel I am on stock fuel system..... That is the next thing I am upgrading. But I am on a stock clutch and will try giving it more gas. Also no I havent reset my computer dont know how that would help I should be getting mstg1 soon.

Old 05-29-2007, 03:18 PM
blackacr
Rookie

I've heard people w/ hardpipes haveing them knock against the throttle body or the intercooler if they are too tight. Dodge made that pipeflexible for a reason I'm sure. (engine moves FMIC does not.) may want to check that???

Quick Reply: Timing may be off!!!