Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Plain old Neon

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 09:43 PM
mattdub09
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plain old Neon

Hey guys (and gals just in case),

I'm brand new to this forum trying to gain some good ole fashion Neon knowledge. I am in the Army currently deployed in Iraq. So as I can't touch or see my car, I've got lots of plans for it, just don't know how to do any of it. When I bought my 2005 Dodge Neon SXT I just needed something to get me from A to B. I wasn't too picky, but now I want to spruce it up a bit. I would pretty much like to eventually turn it into an SRT-4. I don't want to rice it out or anything like that. Unfortunately I've never been big into workin on my own car even though my old man has worked for Dodge for almost 20 years. So where do I start when I get home?

Old 05-30-2007, 01:41 AM
05SRTStage3
Professional
Default RE: Plain old Neon

Trade the car in on a used SRT-4. Because there are no more new SRT-4s in the nation. I also ALMOST got a 05 SXT but I decided against it at the last minute. And a few more months passed and I did buy a NEW SRT-4 and it was the BEST thing that I ever bought. Technically you can't really make that car a TRUE SRT but there are plenty of aftermarket turbo kits available if that is what you are wanting to do!

Old 05-30-2007, 06:14 AM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

^what he said, just trade on a regular SRT4. although the SRT conversion can be done for around 5k.

but in order to do a true conversion you must convert: drivetrain (obviously), instrument cluster / steering wheel, door panels, seats, suspension, rims, bumpers, hood, side moldings and of course that big 'ol spoiler.so price all the parts including painting, as this can get expensive(and cost of labor if need be). then see if you would be further ahead to take a loss on the SXT and geta SRT4. given your deployed right now i would immagine there arent manymiles on the sxt?

if you do choose to keep the stock sxt hood, you wont have the air going to the turbo and youll have to move/reroute your pvc to clear the hood better.

btw where are you at in iraq? and whats your MOS?

Old 05-30-2007, 08:37 PM
Plan B
Captain

ORIGINAL: 05SRTStage3

Trade the car in on a used SRT-4. Because there are no more new SRT-4s in the nation.
I thought that was true until yesterday. Local dealership has a White 05 w/ 4 miles on it. I don't know how, but it is there. Of course they are also asking 24k for it..... They also have 3 other SRT4s w/ 15k miles on them or less (think the lowest is 1500 miles). Guess they found a secret stash....

Old 05-30-2007, 09:05 PM
mattdub09

I am an Intelligence Analyst. Not super exciting all the time, but it can be fun from time to time. I'm over here in Baghdad. Been here for 8 months and have 7 more to go.

I've contemplated just trading my car in for a used SRT-4, but i'm pretty attached to my car. It's the first car I bought on my own after I left home. So it'd probably be worth the extra money to modify it.

Old 05-30-2007, 10:59 PM
Plan B
Captain

ORIGINAL: mattdub09

I've contemplated just trading my car in for a used SRT-4, but i'm pretty attached to my car. It's the first car I bought on my own after I left home. So it'd probably be worth the extra money to modify it.
If you were to trade it in I can guarantee you that you will have a new attachment! But hey, it's your call. If you are willing to do the swap I would start looking in junk yards for various pieces, or if you have the money just start orderin parts. It will take quite some time and money just to get you car up to stock srt4 status... And once you reach that point you will be about halfway to where you will eventually want to be.... or at least i would!

Old 05-31-2007, 08:40 AM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

^i dont know if some of us will every be 'where we want to be'

Old 05-31-2007, 04:52 PM
Plan B
Captain