Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

What's up ya'll?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 02:59 PM
Eugene
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's up ya'll?

Hey everyone, I'm new here, but I browsed the forum around a year ago when I first got into the SRT-4, but I couldn't afford one back then. However, now I can. I'm hopefully purchasing an SRT-4 this week. I'm a car enthusiast, however it's rather difficult to find an SRT-4 in my price range. The one that I have found, has already had boatloads of work done to it, and it's selling for roughly $15,000. However, as a car enthusiast, I like doing my own work on my own cars, while this one has pretty much everything done to it I can think of.

The thing that I don't like about the situation, everything is already done to the car, I don't know much about any of the modifications at all. If I were to take a picture of under the hood, could you guys help me out a little bit?

Also, if there are any SRT-4 enthusiasts that live northeast of Philadelphia, I'd love to meet up so you can tell me something about my own car.

Thanks in advance everyone. (I just found out that I am picking the car up tomorrow)

Old 05-30-2007, 03:51 PM
redevil
All Star
Default RE: What's up ya'll?

welcome to the family.Well one pic ain't gonna do the job, I say take a whole bunch of everything you can think of in diff angles, that should do the trick.If the car has tons of mods like you said, then you should start saving some money just in case something goes wrong, most of the time it happens.Worst thing that can happen is a blown motor, there are many companies that make rebuild kits for not more than $1000, or you can buy a motor for less than that, just gotta look for it.I'm not saying your motor is gonna blow up theminute you take the beast for a spin, but I would save some $ just in case, better safe than sorry.Oh and make sure you do a tune up when you buy it, you know plugs and oil and stuff.If you do take those pics and post them here we'll be able to tell you what you got and what you need....glad to help!

Old 05-30-2007, 04:25 PM
Eugene

Thanks for the reply. I don't intend on driving this car like the animal it is very much. I just wanted a daily driver that had more power than the average car while still keeping insurance and gas consumption somewhat reasonable.I'm picking up the car tomorrow though, not sure what time, but first chance I get I'll post somepictures.

Old 05-30-2007, 05:32 PM
Eugene

Well, I figured I might as well post pictures of the car from the dealership just so you guys can take a look-see. Maybe someone on here owned this car at one point???

First thing I plan on doing is removing the two stripes. I've never really been a big fan of racing stripes.

Old 05-31-2007, 09:05 AM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

nice, just from looking at it see it looks to be an ARC, appears to be a boost controller on the dash???
exhuast, nice big FMIC, and no way that looks like the stock shifter

Old 05-31-2007, 11:26 AM
redevil
All Star

umm it looks like a safc, the car looks very clean.congrats man...snap a few more of the engine and stuff

Old 05-31-2007, 01:13 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

^good id.... dont have one and honestly didnt know what it looked like