Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

50 trim turbo, Stock PcM?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007 | 04:20 AM
PSI Chick
Champion
Default RE: 50 trim turbo, Stock PcM?

stage 1 is fine. but wHy ArE YoU TYpinG lIKe THis?

lol sorry i find it funny when people type like that

Old 06-22-2007 | 08:44 PM
strat101

^lol^

Old 06-26-2007 | 04:24 PM
Pressurecooker
Record Breaker

AznSRT4;
I cant get into specifics about the differences in air flows of the stage 3 vs the 50, cause I dont know the numbers, but I do know physically, they are very different. I believe the 50 will flow more air ultimately (on the compressor side) but it takes more exhaust flow to do it, hence more lag. The stage 3 exhaust turbine is housed in the Dodge exhaust manifold and is only useable as such. So you could not put a Dodge stage 3 on say a Honda. A 50, like all other stand alone turbos, has its own exhaust turbine manifold on the turbo unit itself, and has a universal design 4 bolt flange. So if you want to run a 50 or any other turbo with the universal flange, you have to get an different exhuast manifold for your engine that has this style flange. Flow wise, the stage 3 will boost quicker than a 50 will and flow more than a stock turbine will so its a good compromise. BTW, the stage 3 also uses a different exhaust manifold than the stocker, so while it is designed similar to the stocker, it flows differently. So bottom line is you will have to change the exhaust manilfold going with a stage 3 or a 50 anyway. Not really a big deal, but be ready for a bunch of work.

Quick Reply: 50 trim turbo, Stock PcM?