Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Roll Cage Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2004 | 06:15 PM
posthondaremoval
Record Breaker
Default RE: Roll Cage Question

ORIGINAL: coyoteyz13

I agree. I have definiatly thought about that, and that's why I made this post. I f done correctly, I think that it could make the car safer for him. I always put him in the middle seat, so if the bars were wide, they should be out of the way. My number one concern is my son. if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. By the way I am in Newark, De. Not to far from you Posthondaemoval. thanks.
Newark, huh. I lived in New Castle from 97-2000. Ever in Philly? Just curious, I don't see many srt's around here.

BTW I am feeling you on the roll cage. Just put in stage 2 and I'll probably be on the road course this spring with a club racing team. We run all kinds of tracks. A couple have negative camber turns (argh...maybe I should get a cage or something)

-Adam

Old 11-22-2004 | 02:34 PM
coyoteyz13
|
Veteran

Nevir in Philly. I am from the DC area, so I usually head that way. Negetive camber turns are fun. I just stopped racing Karts and one of the tracks that I raced at had a negative camber turn and if your kart became tight, you would two wheel through it.

Old 11-25-2004 | 05:58 PM
andybuzz2u

livermore performance sales the autopower bolt together roll cages...what i have in mine nice construction and some what easy to insatll.....down side you have to cut the corners of the dash and trim the a pillars, also you will have to remove the oh **** handles if you got the sun roof...the back seat is usable for kids...my nephew said he felt like he was riding in a cop car...really adds much needed support for the srt-4 flex happy body...actually made a lot of the moans and rattles go away cause it strengthed the body...even if you never race it the ohs and ahs make for any of the downs...if you get the full 12 point cage or are planning to get it...start the stretches, bends, squats now...cause climbing in or out is a mutta to get use to!
http://www.livermoreperformance.com/...rs.html#Prices

Old 11-25-2004 | 06:10 PM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

Andy that was the one I was referring to, just didn't remember the name, but I did know there was one out that that left the backseat fully operable, for whatever reason you need it.

Old 11-25-2004 | 06:16 PM
andybuzz2u

the back seat is good for kids 12 and under, racing wheels/slicks, groceries, dont think it is to usefull for much more, well i no its not........lol

Old 11-25-2004 | 06:49 PM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

Lol it works fine....felxibility is key! LMAO

Old 11-26-2004 | 01:53 AM
TurboPowered
Veteran

Ya i dont normally have people in the back seat.........i normally go in friends cars if im going somewhere, most people dont like riding in my car...all my friends have mercedes, bmw's etc. but, i like my car..

Old 11-26-2004 | 12:45 PM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

Yeah I don't have any friends to ride around in my car anyways. Well except Paul, but then again my car is out of comission. I don't like Benz's and BMWs. I agree with you TurboPowered. I'd take my car over those cars ANY DAY

Old 11-27-2004 | 06:09 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend

I too would love a little cage work in mine, but it would kinda make warranty repairs harder to get done without having to pay for it yourself, because you know good and well if they get in a car like this and it has a roll cage in it they are gonna say no way, you were racing it and void the warranty.

FYI: For those who don't already know this, for any roll cage to be used for racing, when required by the sanctioning body, it has to be a welded in cage. Bolt in cages are not legal for racing when a roll cage is required, welded in ONLY. While bolt in cages will stiffen everything up and give a great deal more protection than none at all, they are only intended for show purposes and are not for racing. When a roll cage is required they also have a minimum number of points that the cage has to be and that number and higher are the only ones allowed, lesser cages are not legal.

Quick Reply: Roll Cage Question