Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

*Emptying Oil Catch Can*

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007 | 10:15 PM
04stg2blubyu
Default *Emptying Oil Catch Can*

Hey just registered today so I'm new here, hopefully someone can help me!
I'm trying to figure out how to empty my oil catch can.....I have a spare hose and I know that I need to connect it to the PCV but after that I'm lost.

Old 11-18-2007 | 11:06 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: *Emptying Oil Catch Can*

Connect it to the throttle body intake.........

Dusty

Old 11-18-2007 | 11:44 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator

i take it you were dumping it out and cant figure out where to reconnect the hoses?

just follow the yellow:
Name:  2OCCdiagram.jpg
Views: 4791
Size:  63.2 KB

Name:  engine117sept06.jpg
Views: 1061
Size:  53.4 KB

Old 11-19-2007 | 12:28 PM
MEandmySRT
Professional

mine is near motor mount and has small capacity so removing and dumping it is a pain so i'm using a air-powered vacuum pump to suck oil out the pcv side hose with intake side hose pinched off when it gets full.

Old 11-19-2007 | 01:05 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator

^i ordered one like that, the WeaponR Catch can, it mounted like 'on' the upper mount. but the discontinued it. the ones i have now are much easier. an8mmto d/c the hose clamps,10mm socket for the can itselfand its off. then i just turn it upside down and dump. i used to take the top off the can but thats pointless, i just dump every other oil change

Old 11-19-2007 | 01:36 PM
MEandmySRT
Professional

ORIGINAL: flamingpinhead

^i ordered one like that, the WeaponR Catch can, it mounted like 'on' the upper mount. but the discontinued it. the ones i have now are much easier. an8mmto d/c the hose clamps,10mm socket for the can itselfand its off. then i just turn it upside down and dump. i used to take the top off the can but thats pointless, i just dump every other oil change
stock i could go a couple oil changes, but with s2 and wg preload set at the proper preload i get a lot more part throttle boost than i did stock so now it fills up between each oil change. i'm running a check valve so i don't know why my catch can fills up so fast.check valve came already assembled so iguess it's installed correctly - the 90 degree fitting connects to intake with arrow pointing towards intake and the straight fitting is hooked to catch can line. i like the jmbbetter than the agp because of the sight glass and seems tofit better.

Old 11-19-2007 | 03:54 PM
04stg2blubyu

Yea I know where to re-connect the hoses, its just the process of emptying it i need to know how to do.....

Old 11-19-2007 | 04:55 PM
Burnnout
All Star

What kind do you have ? .... you take it off and dump it out.

Old 11-20-2007 | 12:16 AM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator

there are several different types of cans, mine is fairly large, which also contributes to not having to empty it often. as for emptying... here is how its done
yummy!
Name:  OCT07048.jpg
Views: 684
Size:  76.9 KB

yes, i made a huge mess (trans fluid splattered everywhere), which is why i always lay cardboard down

Old 12-16-2007 | 02:19 PM
srtratblock
Rookie

I have the agp cc and there is a bung plug in the bottom. I took the plug out and put in a brass valve that you can open and drain without removing can or hoses. Pretty handy.

Quick Reply: *Emptying Oil Catch Can*