Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Broken Boost Gauge

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2004, 05:09 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Broken Boost Gauge

This is the first that I've heard of anyone have a boost gauge problem.

Old 11-24-2004, 06:04 AM
LilSparkPlug
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its actually quite common....I've never had one, yet. I don't hope to have one.

But with Newman, all problems are possible (15 minute install!!!)

Old 11-24-2004, 12:05 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

my boost gauge was off for a while. it always sat at +1 when off. i replaced it with the mopar 30 psi one. it did literally take 15 minutes to install, no issues at all. i prefer analog gauges to digital personally, i don't need to see how many tenths of one psi i'm boosting, and those damn numbers bouncing all over the place are annoying and distracting. same deal with a a/f gauge, those digital ones are just worthless, but they do make a nice light show.....

a lot of people have had issues with the boost gauge being off, some have had it replaced under warranty, others just replace it themselves with an aftermarket one. i didn't bother getting it done under warranty because i'm already boosing 20 psi on a regular basis now, so the stock gauge would be worthless once s3 goes in and i would have had to replace it anyway.

Old 11-24-2004, 02:51 PM
RIPSIGUY
Captain

I can't deal with the digital **** either, distracting. I'm going to warranty this one, if it screws up again, maby I'll go with a straight boost(no vacuum display), or try something from AutoMeter. I don't run that much boost, so I really don't think that hurt it. It never goes to 20. Amy, let me know what you use for a gauge with S3. And by the way, your chewing up the mount inserts too? I thought you were going to get the dog bones? I just worry because looking at the structure these torque struts are mounted to, I'm not that confident that once you get 350hp coming from the crankshaft, these areas wont stress. You think? Im going to buy some dog bones just for track duty next season. AND, some drag radials.

Old 11-24-2004, 05:26 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

i am going to stay with the mopar 30 psi one. it's got plently of room to handle s3 numbers. unless i go nuts like tiny and run 32 lbs i don't think i'll need a new gauge any time soon. plus the max warn and peak recall features are pretty nice and usefull. i don't have to pay attention to my boost gauge anymore at the track, i just push a button and i know exactly what levels i ran at

i did chew up my inserts. i'm waiting on the new version of the dogbones to be released. the psi-fi guys know that i need them and will be sending them to me as soon as they are available. the shop that's machining them is taking their sweet time about it.

but hey, i still managed to pull a 1.9 60' on dr's with my screwed up inserts, i can't wait until i can launch and not have to worry about them breaking!!!!!

Old 11-24-2004, 07:04 PM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

PSI Chick the "15 minute install" Thing is a joke between Ben and I. It clearly could have been done in 15 minutes, but the dude who tried to do it (who i told ben not to let near his car) didn't have a friggin clue. So we joke about the guy saying "YEAHHHH 15 MINUTES no problem!!!!"

Old 11-29-2004, 03:19 AM
TurboPowered
Veteran

Sounds like your typical dumbass.........doesn't mean they aren't nice people just not very handy

Old 11-29-2004, 06:28 AM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

Yes...typical dumbass. Tries to install a boost gauge in 35 degree weather, in the pitch dark, in the pouring rain.....and breaks it. Yes a nice person, but one of those "mr. break-its" instead of mister fix-its.

Quick Reply: Broken Boost Gauge