Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Forward Motion???

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 04:01 AM
Kapitald
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forward Motion???

I recently read about this Forward Motion turbo they like to call a E1 or a super stock turbo...i dont care about that

However, i also read about a forward motion wastegate that they all agreed outperformed the agp wastegate in holding boost to redline??

My question is why havent i heard about this before lol? and is this true? I will swap my agp wastegate in a heartbeat if this wastegate holds more boost to redline..

aslo any links would be kool thx in advance

Old 01-03-2008, 08:21 AM
Burnnout
All Star
Default RE: Forward Motion???

The agp wastegate will hold 19psi to redline with supporting mods.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:08 AM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

what is your boost at right now? i didnt see any fuel mods in your sig, so im assuming your stock. its been well stated that stock fuel is only good up to 19psi, as is the stock turbo.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:03 AM
PSI Chick
Champion

stock fuel is good to maybe 16-17 psi, and that's pushing it,not 19.

unless you're running a big turbo, it really doesn't matter about holding more boost to redline. the mbc is what controlls that, so what difference does it make if the wga can hold more boost? all that really means is that they put a stronger spring in the wga. woohoo. if a car is tuned properly the wga shouldn't be set that high anyway, 12psi in most cases and just about every wga out there is perfectly capable of holding that. if you're running a gt35r on a built motor and are pushing 35psi well then a stronger wga is important, but for the normal person it really isn't going to matter.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:08 AM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

^16 to 17 it is. i trust your knowledge over my memory

Old 01-03-2008, 02:30 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

lol i hope you're not pushing 19 on the stock fuel, that's a serious lean condition. i've seen some cars running only 15psi and still sitting at almost 12:1 at wot......

Old 01-04-2008, 01:37 AM
srt4sparks
Professional

forwardmotions products are garbage just about everyone including me that has used their super ****ty stock turbo has blown up on them. dont believe me reseach on my thread about them in srtforums.com youll see it. And theres pictures just incase you dont believe me. Remember anything from forwardmotion=[sm=badidea.gif]

Old 01-04-2008, 07:47 AM
prpaster
Professional

I have the E1 for almost a year without any problems and i have been using there wastegate without any problems for just as long.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:15 AM
PSI Chick
Champion

the e1 seems to be a chance you take. either you get it and it works great or it fails pretty quick. when it works it's a nice set up, but it's a risk.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:29 PM
Kapitald
Captain

so ive pushed 19-21 psi and probly higher before....the higher you go the more sputtering bad backfires you get in the intake....i guess this would be the "running lean"....so i turned it down and the car can push 18-19psi really strong until about the middle of fifth gear it finally backfired....while i was driving didnt have a chance to look at my air/fuels cept for when i very first got on the throttle....it has always seemed fine to me...always anywhere from 10's to 11's...never 12's....i wish i could look at the gauge when it backfires to see if its leaning out......i guess the whole aaronneon return line im wanting will fix all that though...

Quick Reply: Forward Motion???