Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

New SRT-4 Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2004, 07:48 PM
Bradmtx
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New SRT-4 Warranty

Well after hearing so much about this wonder car I decided to find a dealer and give one a test drive. Well I was impressed. The interior is spartan but it has what you need without all the refinements. After the test drive we went to discuss price. The 05 in silver with 15 miles (kicking sound system & moonroof) came it at just over 21000. Well I asked about warranty and was shocked to discover that dodge only covers the 05 with the standard 3/36000 warranty. If you want more you have to pay extra for it. For a 7/75000 more you will have to cough up about $1500 more. I wanted to know if this was a dealership policy or a Dodge policy and was informed it that Dodge doesnt give more than that for the SRT-4 (as of the 05 models). Also I noticed that the SRT-4 has summer hi performance tires. I live in the northeast and for those of you with snow keep in mind that you will have to fork out more snow or all season tires. Well afterwars I went to the Mitsubishi dealer and checked out the 05 EVO 8(non-MR). That was nice but at 14000 more than the Dodge (5/60000 bumper to bumper; 10/100000 power train including turbo, plus you get 3 yrs scheduled maintenance). Just thought I would share that with you folks. Next stop is Subaru by new year. Please don't get me wrong, I am still very much impressed with the srt-4 and really the mits didn't sway me i nteh least bit and i doubt the subaru can either. With the 1500 or so extra I will get the extra warranty (7/75). From what i gather if I were to purchase an 04 from some1 with the the 7/75 (if it was offered as standard warranty at purchase to the original ower) it would still not be transferrable.

Old 12-18-2004, 08:27 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: New SRT-4 Warranty

This car is popular with a lot of younger drivers, many of which tend not to have a lot of experience in maintaining vehicles or driving them in a manner that ensures long life for both the car and the driver!! I was a little surprised they offered the 7/75 on my 04....

FYI, the new Mustang GT only has a 3/36 powertrain warranty......

Old 12-18-2004, 09:01 PM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

Yeah 05 they took the warranty off. I've got it with my 04. And I have new all-seasons on my new rims. I went to a 225 so its alot wider and I'll still slip, but anythings possible.

I'm from the Northeast too, and my Miata has summer tires (versus the 3 season BFGs on the SRT), it did just fine in the snow, I took it easy. I guess if your really THAT concerned about the snow, spend the extra TEN grand on a Subaru. Sorry but the best snow tires are a helluva lot cheaper than that.

I think you should read up on what Subaru is doing to WRX/STi owners with their warranties. On top of saving yourself 10 grand....youll find that the warranty you once thought sucked, is actually better in the long run.

Old 12-18-2004, 09:40 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

And what exactly is that Sexy? I know two people with WRX's. Both cars are modified...driven at the track. And they've both have been to the dealer for repairs and have not been denied. They did give one a hard time because his 4th gear was f'ed up, but they still replaced it under warranty. But I think any car company would give you crap if your gears are messed up and you come in there complaining and your car is modded. Hmmmm....is all I would have to say.

Old 12-18-2004, 10:44 PM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

PSI Chick knows more about it than I do. And its more the STi owners. I hate Scooby's so I don't keep up with it. NASIOC has tons of posts on it from what I hear. But Subaru is really screwing them to the wall.

Like I said PSI Chick knows more. I hate Subarus...so don't attack me in regards to them.

Old 12-18-2004, 10:50 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

LOL...I'm not. I was just wondering. I'm surprised I haven't heard more considering I hang out with some subaru's.

Old 12-18-2004, 11:12 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

If you ever find yourself in a traffic jam with gridlock, pull out a copy of your car's warranty and read it carefully and slowly. Suddenly all those nice warm feelings about you being protected from repair expenses vanish. In a nutshell, the dealer has the power of God when it comes to warranty work, except for government mandated recall notices....[:@]

Old 12-18-2004, 11:39 PM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

ORIGINAL: NeonSXT04

LOL...I'm not. I was just wondering. I'm surprised I haven't heard more considering I hang out with some subaru's.

Oh I know you weren't. I"m just saying in general....I can't answer questions about them I cant stand em....lol Damn bird eating hoodscoops.

Hoodscoop = Trash Can
Wing = Park Bench
Now whos got the picnic???

Old 12-18-2004, 11:43 PM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64

There you go...check that out. That should explain some of it for ya.

Old 12-18-2004, 11:52 PM
LowSlowNeon
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: SexySRTChick

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64

There you go...check that out. That should explain some of it for ya.
Oh okay I see now. Like I said...I'm surprised I haven't heard more about it. The one subaru I know had the messed up 4th gear, which they replaced under warranty. It was most likely caused by how he drives...he drives like a retard if you ask me. And my other friend, hers I guess has trouble going into some gears sometimes. Sounds like others have that problem. Like I said...I don't really follow it since I don't have one.

Quick Reply: New SRT-4 Warranty