Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Mopar BOV

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 07:11 PM
A10CrewChief
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar BOV

Just a quick question or three...How hard is it to install the mopar BOV? How distinctive (loud) is the sound? Would it be a good first mod or is there a recomended better first?

Old 12-20-2004, 07:13 PM
andybuzz2u
Default RE: Mopar BOV

its a bugger, the oil line is in the way...but it sounds nice....you will love it...nothing like scarring people walking down the sidewalk... lol.

Old 12-20-2004, 07:15 PM
fingers
Rookie

ORIGINAL: A10CrewChief

Would it be a good first mod or is there a recomended better first?
Or your could put in the OCC first. *shrugs*

Old 12-20-2004, 07:25 PM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

Yeah I'd do the OCC first, just to help keep that oil where it belongs. The Mopar BOV is loud enough. I have a few videos (I think i still have them) where you can hear it. Its a pretty sound. I love it. Not too obnoxious, but loud enough.

Old 12-20-2004, 09:15 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

Go with the $20 OCC first to keep your new car running like new. There are install directions and photos in this section. You'll be surprised how much oil gets in there!!

The Mopar BOV can be a pain to install, but as a crew chief, you should be able to manage. There's just no room to get to the infamous "3rd bolt", but members have posted hints to help out. Some Permatex gasket sealer is a good idea as well to prevent leaks.

Old 12-21-2004, 07:20 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I personally went with the Mopar BOV first, after the MSD wires that I had on my '99 R/T were transplanted onto my SRT-4. But that is because I didn't know of the rather noticable amount of oil that blew past the PCV on a regular basis. The OCC should be first followed by the MSD plug wires, after that it's just a matter of what your wanting first. The Mopar BOV is what I have and I love it, it has scared at least one guy and snapped several heads as well. It is a fairly loud sound compared to most BOV's and it has it's own very distinctive sound unlike all others, more like a semi or other big trucks air brakes release. You will love it.

Old 12-21-2004, 07:28 AM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

I can't wait to get mine on, just gotta make a custom gasket and get some high temp sealant.

Old 12-21-2004, 09:09 AM
glhs837

Just as an option, depending on your budget, take a look at the Forge BOV as an alternative to the Mopar. It costs more, but the benefit is both a polished billet material and a much easier install. I've installed both, and can honestly say the Forge is easily %30-%40 easier to install, and a lot likelier not to leak, since it has two o-rings, no sealant required. If you want more info, let me know.

Old 12-21-2004, 09:52 AM
Gump
Record Breaker

I have it on mine and it was the first thing i did. then wires and occ. to me its up to you what order you do it in but id go occ,wires, bov. much like RR said. Another crew chief and I installed it on mine taking turns. we didnt have proper tools but we made it happen. it took a lot longer than it should if we had the right stuff. and if u do install it put sealant on it for sure.

Old 12-21-2004, 10:20 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

ORIGINAL: Gump

and if u do install it put sealant on it for sure.
Yup, use the Permatex gasket sealer, only takes a tiny bit.

Quick Reply: Mopar BOV