Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Is this person on crack? Tell me...

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008 | 04:17 PM
PSI Chick
Champion
Default RE: Is there person on crack? Tell me...

a 21psi spike is not running 21psi. if someone is spiking 21 and holding 18 they're running 18psi.

this kid sounds like a complete moron. he "of course" has two 12"s and a huge amp lol, like that's required.

Old 03-18-2008 | 04:32 PM
srt4ever
|
Veteran

Thanks for the help, I value the info you guys(and gals) tell me.

I will try and tell this guy thanks and move on...

I had no idea that 2 total e-mails constitues a relationship like this crazy human...geez..

Old 03-18-2008 | 04:40 PM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator

yeah, it helps weigh down the rear end...

Old 03-18-2008 | 04:54 PM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

From what the tard typed it said "stay around 15 or 18lbs" So I figured the tard was spiking 21psi. Then again with a moron such at this.....one can never know.[/align][/align]Just write him back and tell him you traded it in and have no further use for his intellectual capabilities.[/align]

Old 03-18-2008 | 04:55 PM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

ORIGINAL: PSI Chick

a 21psi spike is not running 21psi. if someone is spiking 21 and holding 18 they're running 18psi.

this kid sounds like a complete moron. he "of course" has two 12"s and a huge amp lol, like that's required.
[/align][/align]No no no....a HUGH amp. Far better than a huge one [sm=icon_rofl.gif][/align]

Old 03-19-2008 | 06:39 AM
AWH
Professional

Hahaha it sounds like this dude is lonely and has lots of time on his hands! "I'm off all day...I'll give you my cell number... I will leave my computer on and check for your updates..."

Anyway, the stage 1 injectors come standard on allSRT4 models except 2003. Being yours is an 04, if you order a S1 kit it will be a PCM only. As for whether you will have to switch BOVs for the new wastegate, I'm not really sure. This is my first turbo car. I'm a layman when it comes to turbos/WGAs/BOVs but there's plenty of well informed people on this forum.

I installed a Mopar CAI on my car which is a bit of a pain in the *** although the instructions were right on the money. It's just hard to get everything to line up perfectly as you are installing. I've had no problems with water getting into the engine or anything like that (spalsh guard is included with the Mopar CAI). Just don't drive through any lakes and you are okay. BTW i think he means "short ram" and not "ram air" intake.

As for exhaust, I reccommend upgraded exhaust for any SRT-4. I just got the Borla/Mopar 2.5" setup. It's not the best as far as making power, but it's better than stock. Plus it is easy to install (direct replacement for stock) and it costs less than $400 and it's still made by Borla. Of course, I'm probably never gonna go higher than a stage 1 with intake, exhaust, new wastegate and throttle body. At most I may eventually go stage 2 but the Mopar exhaust will still be adequate. There are lots of options so shop around and ask other people. It all depends on your application and how much you want to spend.

As for plugs, I've used NGK Iridium IXs, which are good, and for some reason I like Bosch Platinum +4s. I've switched back and forth between NGKs and Boschs trying to see if I could notice a difference. They are both very good. As for the comment about non-platinum plugs melting, that is ridiculous. I've never heard of that. Stock, the SRT comes with regular Champion plugs. Platinmus are better though, of course. I may switch mine to the colder heat range after installing more mods.

I also reccommend you get a good set of wires (I use the Granatellis - $90 per set - ouch). The wires overheat a lot (from being near the turbo) and need to be changed regularly. If they get damaged from the heat you car will start misfiring and bucking and not boosing like it should and you'll be like WTF??? Dodge dealers correct this by using a 90 degree boot on cylinder 1 at the coil pack. I think it's better to just get a good wire set (with 90 degree boots if possible) and a coil pack heat shield (you can get one for $15 from ModernPerformance.com). Don't overlook this, sometimes it's the little things that make a big difference.

Old 03-19-2008 | 08:04 AM
srt4ever
|
Veteran

Do many on the Forum here, have the heat sheild for the wires and coil?

Old 03-19-2008 | 11:05 AM
flamingpinhead
Section Moderator

never got the heat shield. i recall a discussion a while back where the heat shield blocks the airflow over the turbo? makes sense,if you look at the cutout in the hood it looks to put air over the coil/ turbo area.

Old 03-19-2008 | 02:08 PM
srt4ever
|
Veteran

Makes sense...I think I will leave it alone!

Old 03-19-2008 | 03:51 PM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

I have a heatshield on mine, and its low enough so that it doesn't block any airflow to the turbo. Some of the larger ones (that go straight across the entire rear of the valve cover) you may see that issue with, but even then it will be minor. I've had the coilpack heatshield on for near two years, and my Mopar wires are fine. I have pictures to if you guys want them.

Quick Reply: Is this person on crack? Tell me...