Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

oil leak

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008 | 10:01 PM
medved
Default oil leak

working on Toyotas all my life at a Dealership, I was given a Neon SRT4 to look at with a oil leak at the air intake pipe before it enters the intake. Ive checked the intake pipes, no oil seen. I seen no blue smoke @boost or idle. Any Ideas?

Thanks, Dan

Old 03-29-2008 | 12:11 AM
Kapitald
Captain
Default RE: oil leak

sounds like maybe no oil catch can is installed and theres some blow-by oil getting in there maybe???

Old 03-29-2008 | 10:37 AM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

Are you talking about the pipe that leaves from the throttle body and goes into the intercooler on the drivers side? If so, thats not neccessarily an oil leak, but its blow by from the PCV valve. Theres a small plastic hose that runs from the PCV on the passenger side of the valve cover and connects to the intake manifold right before the throttle body. Its a very poorly designed little thing if you ask me. I would replace the PCV valve, and invest in a check valve and catch can, plenty of places sell them:[/align]- FTPRacing[/align]- ModernPerformance[/align]- AGP[/align]- JMBPerformance[/align][/align]etc. etc. [/align]

Old 03-29-2008 | 10:34 PM
medved

Thats what I thought, I'm going to tell the costomer. I've seen pictures of these "catch cans/traps". Were can these be bought? Again thanks for your help.

Dan

Old 03-30-2008 | 11:36 AM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

Any of the places I listed above.[/align]www.modernperformance.com[/align]www.bwoodyperformance.com[/align]www.perrinperformance.com[/align]www.jmbperformance.com[/align][/align]etc. [/align]

Old 03-30-2008 | 01:23 PM
medved

Thanks for your help LilSparkPlug, I'll give this info to the costomer.

Dan

Quick Reply: oil leak