Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Hi Flow Cats?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008 | 02:55 PM
taekwon11
Default Hi Flow Cats?

I have a Stage 2 05 SRT 4 and was wondering if anyone has any experience with a particular hi flow cat or gutting the stock cat? I use the car for street and roadcourse. What to you recommend and will it throw a code?

Old 04-24-2008 | 04:15 PM
Plan B
Captain
Default RE: Hi Flow Cats?

With Stage 2 you can run no cat at all and it won't throw a code. The staged PCMs don't read the downstream O2 sensor. I run a high flow cat on my S2 w/ no issues. however, a catless downpipe will net you more whp, but will also be alot louder....

Old 04-24-2008 | 07:42 PM
taekwon11

How much louder would you say it is? Did you feel any noticeable difference in horsepower? Where did you get your hi flow cat and is it a particular brand? I have the Mopar cat back exhaust which made it a little louder. I am looking for a few more cheap horsepower roadcourses. I appreciate your input.

Old 04-24-2008 | 08:33 PM
Moparmatt440
Veteran

I have the Maxxfab 3 inch dp with the high flow cat with a custom exhaust and its kinda loud and my system is a dual dump. If you want a high flow most of us go with the Maxxfab set up, plus it gives you an extra O2 port for a wide band gauge.

Old 04-25-2008 | 04:41 PM
Plan B
Captain

ORIGINAL: Moparmatt440

I have the Maxxfab 3 inch dp with the high flow cat with a custom exhaust and its kinda loud and my system is a dual dump. If you want a high flow most of us go with the Maxxfab set up, plus it gives you an extra O2 port for a wide band gauge.
Exactly what I was going to respond with. MaxxFab FTMFW! Have yet to see better work on exhaust systems for our cars.

I out the S2 on well after the exhaust, but it did add a lot more pops. I went from completely stock to S1 anda turboback 3inch side exit, so it is kind of hard to compare noise and powerlevels. I feel that the noise outta my exhaust is perfect and exactly what I was hoping for..... Not overbaringly loud, no freeway resonance, but will still turn heads when the pedal is pushed.

Quick Reply: Hi Flow Cats?