Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Why do I have Oil in my pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 03:11 PM
srt4ever
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why do I have Oil in my pipe?

gETTIN BACK TO THE BOOST NUMBERS YOU ASKED ABOUT, I have seen one time a spike of 16 PSI!!! according to the factory gauge and then back down to like 11-14 in that area at PTB and WOT....I think this is normal...

BUT, lets say I am in 5th gear going 55 and wannt to pass someone ahead of me...should I downshift into 4th to make the pass at WOT or not, when I dont..just floor it in 5th at 55MPH, that first about 5 seconds is when I experiance the "surge" issue.If I downshift(usually dont)
then I really cant recall a problem...just the car getting up to like 85-90MPH before I'm really up in the RPM's and say WHOA...I gotta go to 5th!

IDK, I guess someone needs to show me how to get the most out of my car...

Old 05-21-2008, 02:09 PM
Plan B
Captain

That is definately a situation you would downshift in. All the fun/power/etc is after 3k rpm in our cars. You shouldn't be hammering it below that in any gear...

And 11-14psi during PTB is NOT normal. You should not be breaking more than 10psi at PTB if i recall correctly.... pretty sure my car won't go over 7-8psi unless i go WOT...

Old 05-21-2008, 02:17 PM
srt4ever
Veteran

Thanks for the Help PLAN B...

Those boost numbers confirm what your saying...

I will keep the 3000 RPM in mind from now on...

Quick Reply: Why do I have Oil in my pipe?