Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

PULLING CODE P1188??? HOW DO I FIX IT??

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008 | 09:09 AM
SRT454SS
|
Default RE: PULLING CODE P1188??? HOW DO I FIX IT??

NOOO let me rephrase that, i HAD the stock TIP sensor hooked up when i posted that, as of yesterday afternoon i switched over to my stage 2 sensor and i've done a bit of driving and the check engine light hast come on but i doubt i've done a hundred miles yet. I always had my tip sensor hooked up however i had my stage 2 still in place on the bracket, the stocker was completely hooked up but just not in the bracket. it was left there because i didnt plan on waiting all that long between getting the car on the road, getting a stickerand putting the stage 2 sh*t back in. now the ***** at the local gas station tried telling me that my mopar catback and highflow cat are illegal because they are too loud.....i dont think its loud enough

Old 06-23-2008 | 05:16 PM
Plan B
Captain

Put the whole S2 kit in and leave it. You will pass emissions.

Old 06-24-2008 | 07:33 AM
AWH
Professional

If it's just illegal due to loudness they would have to get a dB meter and check it. I doubt they are gonna do that at the inspection station. Also, it doesn't necessarily have to be driven exactly 100 miles. It varies. Try what I said about turning the key ON-OFF-ON-OFF-ON in that exact sequence and if no codes showon the display and it says "done" then you should be all good.

Old 06-25-2008 | 10:29 PM
SRT454SS
|

well i wouldnt because we tried that and in mass nj and maybe cali and anotehr state its an illegal computer. thats how it came up. and i've driven a few hundred already and i tried what you said AWH and now it just says done and then after theress some dashes but i swapped out my tip sensor to my stage 2 and it seems fine now i just need to get a sticker from someone whos not a douchebag about my exhaust. idk maybe i'll see if i can get the dealer to say its a street legal option. right now everything runs fine though and i'll be all set i hope..if not i'll be back on here im sure

Old 06-26-2008 | 02:52 PM
Plan B
Captain

Illegal computer? Really? We have put an S2 w/o cat and an S3 through emissions up here w/o any issues. May just be a Washington State deal though.....

Old 06-27-2008 | 05:52 AM
AWH
Professional

What exhaust do you have? Is it the Mopar/Borla made for the SRT-4 or another Borla? I have the Mopar/Borla and it doesn't seem any louder. In fact, it's a little quieter at idle, if anything, though it may be a little louder than stock when you really get on it, like 4.5K-6K RPMs. Also, do you have an aftermarket downpipe or cat delete or the one that came with the Borla exhaust?

Old 06-27-2008 | 10:58 AM
PSI Chick
Champion

what are they claiming is illegal about it? just the fact that it's there? if so, go to another place for an inspection. do you have toys?

Quick Reply: PULLING CODE P1188??? HOW DO I FIX IT??