Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Fog light question

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 03:54 PM
STILL GH3TtO
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog light question

Where can I get a set of hid foglights.??

Old 09-29-2008, 05:34 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

a few companies make them. they're VERY expensive though because you have to replace the housing as well as the bulbs and ballasts. i think it's something like $350 or so. prolumen made a kit, not sure if they still make them. i don't know what vendors sell them, try mpx or turboneon store.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:28 PM
Moparmatt440
Veteran

If you are looking at just getting bulbs, you dont need a new houseing, that only if you want projector style. http://www.wholesalexenonhid.com has the HID kits for $88, its the bulds and ballast and what ever level you want I have 8000K on both my head lights and fog, nice and bright

Old 10-07-2008, 02:55 AM
STILL GH3TtO
Veteran

will they just mount into my stock foglights? Do you know what one off that list I need?

Old 10-09-2008, 12:08 AM
Moparmatt440
Veteran

Yea the drive/fog lights are the 899 models and the headlights are 9007, last time I checked they were out of the dual filament HID bulbs, they do have just have a low beal one. They plug right into the stock hole, they will have two wires that just plug into the factory harness, and another that goes to the ballast. HID's are way better due to the fact that they only need 35watts to run were as the normal or after market bulbs non HID need 55-65 watts, so your electrical system wont have to put out as much this sending more juice to needed areas.

Old 10-12-2008, 08:39 AM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

MoparMatt that is entirely false information and misleading. Yes they are 35 watts, but thats running wattage not start-up. HIDS on a stock wiring system that is meant to handle 55w for headlights and 27.5 watts for foglights can cause a fire in your multifunction switch (or melt it, its happened to LOTS of people). You NEED to run a relay harness! Why? HIDS require over 50,000 volts of power to ignite the gas inside the bulbs, your factory electrical system was not built to handle that extreme voltage. If you want to run HID headlights and foglights, you'll need two relay harnesses. You can find them on ebay and plenty of other places carry them.

Headlights are 9007
Foglights are 899/893

You can put an HID bulb in your stock foglight housing, but it will throw light everywhere since there is no projector to concentrate the beam. What is optimal is buying projector foglights, there are some on ebay for around $100 shipped, and then buying the proper bulb kit for those. Mine are an H3 bulb. Its safer for other drivers as well since you aren't blinding them with randomly dispersed lighting.

Quick Reply: Fog light question