Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Unsure of a bov install

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 04:04 PM
RandySRT4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unsure of a bov install

a friend of mine has an SRT4 and I installed a turboXS BOV type RFL. I cannot get it to work. I installed one on my SRT4 and it works great, no problems, but i have a list of upgrades on mine and his is stock. He still has the stock airbox, and i was wondering if it could somehow be that? also he ordered it from ebay and it said it was the RFL compressor and the housing is slightly different. Do you think it could just be a faulty BOV? he did get it cheaper. Anyways, i've checked it over and over many times. Ive compared my setup to his, and everything is routed exactly the same and connected. Im completely stumped. Can anyone help??? Thanks

Old 12-31-2008, 08:10 PM
LilSparkPlug
Champion

Stupid questions....but...
1. Did you install a block off plate on the factory surge valve location?
2. Did you route the vacuum lines properly?
3. What hardpipe did you use? Do you have T-bolt clamps installed on it?
4. If everything is run correctly, and there are no issues, maybe its a knock off and its defective.

Old 01-01-2009, 06:12 PM
RandySRT4
Default thanks for tryin

I did install a block off plate, it does not leak. the vac lines on his car are the same as on mine, checked and checked, reassembled and checked, and everything is EXACTLY the same as on mine. Its mounted on the right hardpipe, same exact place as mine. I think it could be defective. As i said in my first post, i set his car up exactly the same as mine, i have a type RFL BOV and mine works great. I also paid full price from turboxs. my friend bought his from ebay and it advertised kind of shady, saying its the same compressor with a diff housing or sumthing. but everything is identical to the way mine is set up, and mine works great. must be defective??? im stumped. thanks for tryin anyways tho.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:48 AM
PSI Chick
Champion

it's ebay....that should be enough to tell you what's wrong right there lol

Old 01-05-2009, 09:37 PM
RandySRT4
Default thanks

thanks anyways, thats what he gets for bein cheap and buyin used.

Old 01-06-2009, 12:58 PM
standbackimapro

In some cases ebay stuff works well, in fact i know about 4 people with boosted hondas, that are pushing 400hp on ebay turbo kits and parts.

Why dont you take the bov apart and take a look inside, to see whats goin on, theres not much to them, so you should be able to spot a problem...

Old 01-09-2009, 11:09 PM
z3r0srtfour

Don't know if this will work, but try putting your BOV in your friends car and vice versa to see what happens... i'm still relatively new at this turbo business, but definitely an avid learner!

Quick Reply: Unsure of a bov install