Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Boosting @ 18

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 06:51 PM
mxrnick
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea he might have ran his around for a lil while like that but it dosent mean it will last the hundreds of thousands of miles these cars should be able to abtain.

Old 03-03-2009, 08:44 AM
PSI Chick
Champion

lol sounds like a guy around here that we call captain 20. he ran 20psi forever and claimed that it never did any damage, yet when you saw him drive off he left the biggest blue cloud behind him lol. when he finally sold the car it ended up with a blown motor, headgasket and turbo. yea...20psi didn't do any damage...it just that he was too stupid to know what it was doing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-03-2009, 10:06 AM
srt4rez
Professional

Thank you PSI Chick, for laying it down the line...great to hear it from owners like you, who knows what they are talking about. I do have the 04, so it has the stage 1 injectors. At least thats a start...have a great day.

Old 03-04-2009, 09:37 AM
drewthatsmenb
Professional

i'm confused you stated that your car was completely stock but in the same paragraph you said that you have another wastegate that replaced the stock one (did anyone else catch this lol). isn't the max on the stock turbos 20 psi? with all the supporting mods of course not stock

Last edited by drewthatsmenb; 03-04-2009 at 09:40 AM.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:55 AM
PSI Chick
Champion

maybe a 20 spike, it can only really hold about 17-18psi without work done to it.

Old 03-23-2009, 01:45 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

yeah ur friend is dumb, i would not listen to him, he odviously has no idea what he is talking about.... u HAVE to have more fuel for more boost... u cant just up boost and not tune for it.... turbo systems dont work that way without consequenses.... simple as that

Old 03-23-2009, 02:02 PM
sarguy01
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by srt4rez
Total stock and boosting at 18 in 4th gear! I was really surprise, cuz it was cutting out on me last time. Haven't changed the PCM, still stock on that, except I'm running a kinetic wastegate instead of the stock. I did switch out the spark plugs with new ones, the old ones were sort of shot. Thats probably why I wasn't getting the full power the other times. Check engine came on but it's only the over boost that's sensing it. I can really feel the power. Wonder how high I can boost until the PCM cuts me off? Actually I'm boosting @ 19! No cut offs for now!
Please tell me you have a wideband. 19PSI is probably lean. Even on stage 1 injectors.

Old 03-24-2009, 12:49 PM
MiniHemi148
Wink

Originally Posted by srt4rez
Total stock and boosting at 18 in 4th gear! I was really surprise, cuz it was cutting out on me last time. Haven't changed the PCM, still stock on that, except I'm running a kinetic wastegate instead of the stock. I did switch out the spark plugs with new ones, the old ones were sort of shot. Thats probably why I wasn't getting the full power the other times. Check engine came on but it's only the over boost that's sensing it. I can really feel the power. Wonder how high I can boost until the PCM cuts me off? Actually I'm boosting @ 19! No cut offs for now!
Get used to changing plugs about every 7K. For stock turbo the Champions that came stock work great (if you don't believe me, check out Aaronneon's 'path to 300 whp' on SRTforums), but for higher than stock boost the gap needs to be reduced from.045 to .035-.030. PSI chick speaks the truth about higher boost w/o fuel mods. My fuel mods are; Walbro 255lph, bottleneck fix, pump rewire, AGP return line, 3/8" fuel line w/aftermarket filter, Bosch pnp 750's....but I'm running a 50 trim. To run 18-19 psi (any more boost is counter productive w/stocker as you are getting out of it's efficiency range w/stock turbo) the pump and stg2 (682cc) injectors should be enough. With the bigger injectors you will need some type of fuel control, but I disagree w/PSI chick about Dtec (as does Jay from N2MB)...way too many problems w/it (has been discontinued by mfg). Cheapest is SAFC (which I used to run) but I've gone to AEM's FIC which controls ignition as well and is reasonable.

Last edited by MiniHemi148; 03-24-2009 at 12:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Boosting @ 18