Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

sold my skilttle

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 11:01 AM
PSI Chick
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nope i got the 2.4L n/a. this is my new dd. i traded in the jeep and sold the neon, this is all i have left lol. i wanted a redline, but since they only make like 2k a year (only make 10k sky's period) they're hard to find. and all the ones i did find were autos. and the insurance would have been horrible. so i got the n/a in a 5spd (who's block is good to 600hp, even the skittle can't handle that!)

i'm planning on doing some suspenson work for autox/road courses, and debating a s/c. i think that's all i'm going to do to it though, i need to keep this streetable. i will get another project car though, probably a fox.

Old 03-13-2009, 10:12 AM
srt4rez
Professional

Nice!! But personally I like the SRT-4' no matter what. I'm gonna hang on to mines for a very long time. The SRT-4 will become collectors within the next 20 to 30 years from now. At this time, we see alot of neons around, but just wait for another 10 to 15 more years...they will decrease drametically! I'll be installing the mopar BOV conversion kit and taking my time removing the necessary bolts. But you know all the ins and out for the SRT-4, and I appreciate you sharing your talents with us. Best Wishes!!

Old 03-13-2009, 04:46 PM
mxrnick
Veteran

Originally Posted by srt4rez
Nice!! But personally I like the SRT-4' no matter what. I'm gonna hang on to mines for a very long time. The SRT-4 will become collectors within the next 20 to 30 years from now. At this time, we see alot of neons around, but just wait for another 10 to 15 more years...they will decrease drametically! I'll be installing the mopar BOV conversion kit and taking my time removing the necessary bolts. But you know all the ins and out for the SRT-4, and I appreciate you sharing your talents with us. Best Wishes!!
this is why im keepin mine forever. think of how many 196whatever mustangs you see all over the place and how they are not worth **** and now think of how many 196whatever Shelby Mustang GT350/500 and how they are worth hundrends of thousands of dollors now and probly millions in the future. thats how i see our cars as the shelbys or the roadrunners or the z28s or whatever of the neons and at the rate people are crashing these things there wont be many of us people that actually drive them sensibly left.

Old 03-14-2009, 10:14 AM
PSI Chick
Champion

haha wow you guys are seriously delusional if you're comparing a neon to a shelby. these cars will never be collectors items. even when shelby's first came out they were known to be something special, not your typical run of the mill ricer neon with a easter basket wing on it. because let's be honest, that's what it is. i love the neon, but don't think that you'll be finding them in car museums.

Old 03-14-2009, 02:21 PM
mxrnick
Veteran

Originally Posted by PSI Chick
haha wow you guys are seriously delusional if you're comparing a neon to a shelby. these cars will never be collectors items. even when shelby's first came out they were known to be something special, not your typical run of the mill ricer neon with a easter basket wing on it. because let's be honest, that's what it is. i love the neon, but don't think that you'll be finding them in car museums.
thats funny but if you dont think these are special there is something wrong with you. you think when someone back in the 60s bought their run of the mill Z28 that it would be a 6 figure collectors car i think not. just wait 20 or 30 years when you wont even remember that gm you just bought and i will be selling my neon and buying a house with the money lol

Old 03-15-2009, 01:29 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

yea ok keep telling yourself that....it's a neon, not a camaro or mustang, or a car that anyone even wants lol. there's a reason that 16 year olds are buying (and crashing) these cars, not older people. if your plans for the future involve selling a neon to live off of for the rest of your life i have a bridge to sell you too........

and yes, when people bought old 60's z28's, shelby's, stingray's, gsx's, goats, etc. they knew that it was going to be something special. why do you think there are so many low mileage garage kept ones floating around? you can look at a car and know that it will be worth something. it's a neon, they're worth barely 10k now. it' not a supra. it will never be worth 30k, much less 100k. keep dreaming.

Old 03-15-2009, 02:01 PM
mxrnick
Veteran

your funny but what do we care about what you have to say you sold yours so you obviously dont care about your car.

Old 03-15-2009, 05:43 PM
mopar222
Veteran

Hey, since these are such an investment, I have a mint 04, black srt 4 with less than 12,000 on it. Original tires, no mods.....since its going to be worth 100,000's in the future, I will sell it for 22,000, what it cost new!!! What a bargin.

Old 03-16-2009, 12:41 AM
mxrnick
Veteran

o im in for sure you take a check right

Old 03-16-2009, 01:22 PM
srt4rez
Professional

All in all, I respect what you guys are driving and the decisions you have made. Opinions are always hard to accept and understand..remember the Dusters, Darts, they are worth something now, especially in great shape. I sold my 73 Duster about 12 years ago and to this day...I regret it. should've never sold it at the time. We are all different, with different taste. I'm not saying it will be worth lots of money in the future, but anything can happen. You never know whats around the next corner. SRT-4s will always be special to me.

Quick Reply: sold my skilttle