Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

sold my skilttle

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 04:29 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PSI Chick
thanks everyone! ended up getting a 07 saturn sky yesterday. already spoke to jay about a turbo haha!

Old 03-18-2009, 02:29 AM
Kapitald
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the value of our cars will go up but its not going to be as high as some may wish for. Any car with super low mileage in prestine condition can sell for buckoo bucks 40-50 years later. Any car with low miles...(being under 20k) However mine is already at the 60k mark and therefore with all the daily driver damage amounts to jack. I already sold the silver one i had with 9000 miles on it for $14500. I probly couldve sold it for much more but not in these hard economic times. Also I'd imagine the only srt4 neons going to go up in value will be completely stock or mopar upgraded.

Old 03-18-2009, 03:25 AM
mxrnick
Veteran

Originally Posted by Midnight
classic

Old 03-18-2009, 12:24 PM
whatneon
Professional

Sorry to see PSI getting out of the srt, you were very helpful around here.
I like the new saturn better than the pontiac sister car, nice choice.

As far as the value of these cars, you would be better off comparing them with the GLH and the shelby omni or Z24. Shelby didn't always score with collectors.

There you will find the econobox collector market fails to exist however many throwaway items actually turned collectable and are very expensive now.

I will go with "my srt-4 is a blast to drive" so I don't mind the premium costs associated with it.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:36 PM
srt4rez
Professional

I agree with you, I'm gonna keep mines for a long,long, long time. It's nice to know that we have a car that's not the fastest in the world, but fast enough to make heads turn.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:54 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

neons will never be worth anything, dodge made what like 12 zillion of them, and srts are in the same boat.... the shelby mustangs, hemi cudas, are in a league of there own.... if u want an srt to be accually worth something in 50+ years, u better go find one with about 12 miles on it and store it for those 50+ years..... the srt was made to be competitive in the tuner market for dodge, not a collector car.... dodge wanted a car that was competitive with the wrx, evo, ect, but for less money..... in 50 years ur stock srt with 12 miles on it may be worth roughly 20k... MAX....

good luck psi chick with everything, ur car was amazing, and i am sure the sky will treat u right also...

Old 03-23-2009, 06:34 PM
mxrnick
Veteran

Originally Posted by dtjackten
neons will never be worth anything, dodge made what like 12 zillion of them, and srts are in the same boat.... the shelby mustangs, hemi cudas, are in a league of there own.... if u want an srt to be accually worth something in 50+ years, u better go find one with about 12 miles on it and store it for those 50+ years..... the srt was made to be competitive in the tuner market for dodge, not a collector car.... dodge wanted a car that was competitive with the wrx, evo, ect, but for less money..... in 50 years ur stock srt with 12 miles on it may be worth roughly 20k... MAX....

good luck psi chick with everything, ur car was amazing, and i am sure the sky will treat u right also...
lol...

Old 04-03-2009, 02:15 PM
lblackneon
Champion

LOL. Amy is right. U can't compare the srt-4 Neons to the Mustangs or Camaros.
I personally don't think a reg. Mustang GT will hold any value either. It would have to be an SVT.
The srt-4s do attract mostly a younger crowd.
I love my car to death. It will be MY Collectors car.

Old 04-04-2009, 06:41 PM
en00be

sigh it looked good

Old 04-15-2009, 08:23 PM
VTSRT4
Rookie

Great car but we'll see. There were MANY cars back then that weren't mustangs, camaro, firebirds and cuda made and are worth 20-30k. With even about 20k miles on it. It would have to be stock. Then again think about it. You have to disect the car. Frame. Suspension, engine, turbo, exterior and interior. Not much of it is unique.

Quick Reply: sold my skilttle