Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

K+N Filter

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005 | 01:00 AM
teddeath2000
Default K+N Filter

Added to Srt feels little more sluggishwith K+N than with regular filter any clues ? Also doesn't seem like it would get much more air ( very restricted box) I took out the silencer on my Wrx ( it helped) Can you do the same with the Srt ?

Also how much HP does drop in filter provide ? or is it more for Mileage

Old 05-07-2005 | 07:30 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Default RE: K+N Filter

Well, Grassroots Motorsports magazine has had an SRT-4 project car that has been in their last 6 or 7 issues and they did the Mopar drop in air filter AKA: K & N filter and they noticed a pretty impressive gain from just it alone. They dynoed it at the wheels and it gained 2 whp and 7 wtq with just the air filter change, they dynoed it before putting the air filter on and they dynoed it after to see exactly what the filter alone was worth. The only power mods they had previously done was the exhaust, they put on the Mopar exhaust and then switched to a side exit exhaust a few issues back. I don't know what gains you would get with the air filter while still having the stock exhaust, but it should be about the same.

Quick Reply: K+N Filter