Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

stage 3 question

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005 | 01:26 PM
roachnigga
Record Breaker
Default RE: stage 3 question

I wil check ya site!! so what is you whp sitting now[sm=gears.gif]? See, now im in a crossroads[sm=helpout.gif]. I dont know where to lean to. so i need as much info, and im doing some homework, on whether lean and stay on Mopar (S3) or go with AGP (60-1 trim) ATP, or Psi's set up. Now with the Stage 3, psi, i already have an ugraded fuel pump & fuel rail,as you can see. I see that as a lost of cash if i go with the S3, see. Now on that note, all i ever here is positive things about the S3, but for the same amount of currency i can go the other way.

See my "CrossRoad"

[sm=chairshot.gif][sm=insomnia.gif]

Old 05-13-2005 | 02:01 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

yes, i was at the same cross road as well. i was debating between the psi-fi 57 trim and stage 3. in the end i went with stage 3 for a few reasons.

one was the ease of install. it's a hell of a lot easier to throw in s3 than any other aftermarket kit out there.

then there was tuning. i don't have to do it with s3. i see 25psi out of the box and know that my a/f are safe and designed for long-term safety.

then there is the long-term issue. i don't plan on selling my car anytime soon, and i need it to be reliable. s3 is as reliable as you're going to get from an aftermarket big turbo kit.

also there's the LACK of problems with s3. no partial throttle boost issues, no vacuum line lottery, no wondering if my injectors are large enough or if i'm running the right map for my mods.

there's also money. to do a big turbo kit CORRECTLY you're looking at 4-5k. this includes the turbo, supporting mods, intsall, tune time, etc. i paid $2200 for my s3.

i also don't want to have a dyno queen car. what good is 500hp if you can't put it to the ground? many of these big turbo cars are having a very hard time breaking into 11's due to traction issues. most s3 cars are running low 12's and high 11's pretty easily. i would much rather a 11s 350hp car than a 12s 500hp car. if i wanted a dyno queen i would have bought a supra lol (j/k for all the supra lovers out there, i actually do like them quite a bit).

i've heard so many horror stories about aftermarket turbo kits that i want to scream. the vast majority of them do not make it onto forums or into the general knowledge base, but there have been plenty of problems out there.

the psi-fi kit was the only kit i would consider other than s3 because it is the only reliable kit imo/ime. also, psi-fi is less than a 2 hour drive from me and if there ever was a problem i could just get them to help me out. i have a good relationship with those guys, i see them fairly regularly and talk to them often. i trust them and their work. they have worked on my car before, and i've seen plenty of their kits to know the quality of their products.

Old 05-13-2005 | 02:08 PM
roachnigga
Record Breaker

I see ya point, very well. I appreciate the time you dropped. Now, if i do go this route. what am i suppose to do with the extra S3 parts....[&o]... issues... isues... hmmmm.

Quick Reply: stage 3 question