Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

SRT-4 Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004 | 07:11 PM
dustyloins
|
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: SRT-4 Alarm

Don't feel bad, several of us didn't even realize we had an alarm until we read about it here....for some reason a lot of dealers don't tell people about it or even activate it unless you pressure them...[:@]

Old 04-22-2004 | 05:24 AM
Barneydriver
Captain

Yeah- I was lucky- mine knew exactly what I was talking about because he'd dealt with it before me and went through the whole experience of not knowing about it, making calls, and all the associated b.s., so I didn't have to deal w/ all that.

Old 06-04-2007 | 07:13 PM
dustyloins
|
Hall of Fame Member

ORIGINAL: doof432

Thanks alot it was on that forum. Here is what it said so that if anyone else wants it, they won't have to go look for it.
It looks like you will have to go to the dealarship to do it, but they said you should NOT have to pay for it. Print this out and take it to them in case they don't know what you are talking about.

here are the directions for the tech to activate the alarm:

Connect DB3 to car located inside the car near hood release up and to right 3 inches. It is a white serial port.

Put DBR3 into to "Stand Alone 98-04"

Once in "stand alone 98-04" go to "security"

Once in "security" go to VTSS

Once in "VTSS" go to "misc"

Once in "misc" go to "configure"

Once there change "RKE" to "VTA"

NOTE: There is a choice in the programming where it will ask you if it's a "PL" or "PT" body type. We chose "PL" and it worked fine. If you choose "PT" the trunk will pop open when you unlock the doors.
Maybe this will help........

Dusty

Old 06-04-2007 | 09:24 PM
Plan B
Captain

Thanks Dusty, but these are the directions I took in when i tried to get them to do it. Service Manager got all the way to the 'configure' step, but then the DRBIII just read 'failure', which led him to believe that i do not have this option on my car. What a PITA!

Old 06-05-2007 | 12:58 AM
silverblacksrt4
Veteran

wow this is an old topic.. anyways i just got a viper alarm installed.. very nice!

Old 06-05-2007 | 01:56 AM
dustyloins
|
Hall of Fame Member

ORIGINAL: silverblacksrt4

wow this is an old topic.. anyways i just got a viper alarm installed.. very nice!
Yup, if I didn't garage my car every night and didn't work where I could keep an eye on it, I would also go with an aftermarket alarm. People around here climb up on roofs to steel copper tubing from AC systemsto sell for drug $$............

Dusty

Old 06-05-2007 | 09:19 PM
Plan B
Captain

ORIGINAL: dustyloins

People around here climb up on roofs to steel copper tubing from AC systemsto sell for drug $$............

Dusty
Sad, but quite hilarious!

Quick Reply: SRT-4 Alarm