Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

introducing my srt4 and some Qs on it

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011 | 11:08 AM
Taylor44
Default What's wrong with my car?

Every time I get on the gas from 3rd to 5th the rpms go up but the spedo stays the same?? Could it be the clutch? And in 1st and reverse it kinda stutters a bit.. And does anyone know how to change a coolant belt?

Old 09-20-2011 | 07:13 PM
Moparmatt440
Veteran

Sounds like a clutch. There's no such thing as a coolant belt

Old 09-21-2011 | 12:32 PM
Taylor44

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I hooked a computer up to the ecu and it read coolant belt or something, my temp gauge keeps going up and depending on if I am driving in the city or highway

Old 09-27-2011 | 02:33 PM
Moparmatt440
Veteran

Your temp gauge will read differently depending on city and highway. Best thing to keep it at a certain temp is to get a 180 thermostat and either a dsp where you can adjust your coolant fans to come on sooner then factory settings or a fan switch mod.

Old 10-03-2011 | 06:00 PM
turbo2point4
Professional

its got what looks like an agp return line setup

Old 10-03-2011 | 06:03 PM
turbo2point4
Professional

you dont need a scanner to check codes... put the key in the ignition, turn it on, off, on, off, then on and leave it in the on postition, when i say on i mean in the run not start position, and when i say off i mean the lock position, then look at the odometer and it will say p**** the * would be numbers then look up the code, if theres no codes it will say pdone

Old 10-03-2011 | 06:05 PM
turbo2point4
Professional

Originally Posted by Taylor44
Every time I get on the gas from 3rd to 5th the rpms go up but the spedo stays the same?? Could it be the clutch? And in 1st and reverse it kinda stutters a bit.. And does anyone know how to change a coolant belt?
sounds like the clutch is gone and as far as the "coolant belt" i have no idea what your talking about

Old 10-03-2011 | 06:09 PM
turbo2point4
Professional

Originally Posted by djomlas
hey guys, just got this beast.
from what i can tell, the resonator has been removed, and the exhaust dumps right after the axle...has a short throw shifter and intake, oil catch can, and some sort of fuel management.
i tried to figure out if the wastegate is stock, but not sure since i havent been around these cars for a while (coming from wrx, porsche, ls1s, minis....)
thing is...it boosts up to 21psi. that CANT be stock by any means. pulls like a train trough all the gears tho. anything that i can check?
possibly mopar ecu? i dunno....
i did not find a boost controller hooked up anywhere, so what gives?
here is a picture of the car and one of the engine bay, can anyone spot anything else that i am not seeing?
thx in advance

the agp wga is adjustable, hence no need for a mbc, also id probably back the boost down a lb or 2, the stock turbo is only good to about 20-21psi after that its past its efficency range and just makes heat, if your ever feeling like tearing things apart drop the tank and pull the canister, i'm betting you have an aftermarket pump since it has an agp style return fuel line kit probably a walbro 255

Quick Reply: introducing my srt4 and some Qs on it