Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

introducing my srt4 and some Qs on it

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011 | 01:52 AM
djomlas
|
Default introducing my srt4 and some Qs on it

hey guys, just got this beast.
from what i can tell, the resonator has been removed, and the exhaust dumps right after the axle...has a short throw shifter and intake, oil catch can, and some sort of fuel management.
i tried to figure out if the wastegate is stock, but not sure since i havent been around these cars for a while (coming from wrx, porsche, ls1s, minis....)
thing is...it boosts up to 21psi. that CANT be stock by any means. pulls like a train trough all the gears tho. anything that i can check?
possibly mopar ecu? i dunno....
i did not find a boost controller hooked up anywhere, so what gives?
here is a picture of the car and one of the engine bay, can anyone spot anything else that i am not seeing?
thx in advance

Attached Thumbnails introducing my srt4 and some Qs on it-img_6465.jpg  
Old 06-09-2011 | 02:53 PM
Moparmatt440
Veteran

From the pics it looks like a AGP waste gate, if it is it will have the name on it. With a upgraded spring they will hold 21 no problem. Your return line set up is also from AGP. Does the turbo houseing have MOPAR on it around the area where the intake goes on? Thanks what I can see from the pic

Old 06-09-2011 | 03:41 PM
djomlas
|

thanks for the reply.
i looked at this site when you mentioned agp wastegate.
http://www.modernperformance.com/blo...9-caliber-srt4

looks just like it, but no name engraved, maybe some batch didn't come w engraving? but looks just like it tho.

Old 06-10-2011 | 02:54 PM
Moparmatt440
Veteran

Well it could be on the bottom, if the person before you put the better spring in could have rotated the top part. Have fun it, they are a fun car

Old 06-10-2011 | 04:40 PM
djomlas
|

thanks for the reply, i really dont feel like crawling under it to see if its engraved in there, im sure its upside down haha.
i also checked, it has stage 2 injectors as well, so not too shabby...no wonder this thing pulls as it does.

Old 06-15-2011 | 08:48 PM
Moparmatt440
Veteran

you might have a full stage 2 set up on it, does your MAP sensor have a 3 bar on it? Do you have a red and blue button inside the car next to the aux outlet under the radio?

Old 06-16-2011 | 10:16 PM
djomlas
|

thanks guys...
i got a small mirror, and sure enough begind the wg, its engraved mopar..
as far as map sensor, how do you tell the 3 bar thing? would it just say there or? and yeah, def nothing inside the cabin, i looked up on the web and i see what youre talking about, but not it.

Old 06-21-2011 | 06:30 PM
Moparmatt440
Veteran

Some do have 3 bar on it. As far as the Mopar, if it were a stage 3 turbo it would have Mopar on the out side on the turbo inlet housing. You can also try and look at your pcm and see if it has a stage number on it

Old 06-24-2011 | 11:32 AM
djomlas
|

yup, after a bit more research and part number lookups, its a 3 bar! figures, since stock one couldnt handle that much psi for sure.

i also just lowered the car with some meganracing springs, nothing fancy, but killed the gap pretty good and cost me nothing since i sold the stock springs for same as i got the lowering ones for. i got bunch of new tools, so wanted to see if the install will go faster than usual wrenching, and took about 2 1/2 hrs....mainly trying to get that damn top bolt off the strut, but worked out ok w powertools .

i also got some modern performance halo headlights that i need to wire up, and took off crappy tint job on the windows, and tail/3rd brake lights....
but here is a picture of the car as it sits now, springs settled a bit more now, but nothing too far from this

Old 06-27-2011 | 11:59 PM
Moparmatt440
Veteran

Looks good, I had those projectors on my srt, loved them especially with 8000k HIDs

Quick Reply: introducing my srt4 and some Qs on it