Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Aftermarket wastegate actuator

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 06:49 PM
black05srt4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket wastegate actuator

I want to upgrade my wastegate actuator. From all the reading I've done. It seems the perfect next upgrade now that I have my stage 1 in place. Can any of you give me some feedback on the type and or brand I should get? I'm hopping to get responses from those of you that have upgrated, and your experience with it.
Thanks

Old 07-10-2005, 07:50 PM
American__Muscle
Veteran
Default RE: Aftermarket wastegate actuator

Why dont you just get stage 2?

Old 07-10-2005, 07:55 PM
Bob96
Rookie

I also have a Stage1. Everyone will tell you to get a AGP Wastegate Activator. I installed a Mopar Stage 2 WGA this week and am very happy with it. It cost $130 through my Dodge Dealer who had to order it. Only took a couple of days. I also did not use the vacuum line magic every one does and just attached it to the stock black line. The first few days it was scarey boosting off the dial. The PCM did not reset for me as others had said happened. I adjusted the AWG arm 3 full turns longer to remove all preload to the arm. Now it is perfect. No part throttle boost problems at all and boosts to 18lbs. If you just install it out of the box with the factory 4mm setting you will be startled at the overboost. 3 turms out on the rod and perfection. Reset the PCM when you install by removing the negative battery terminal aqnd be ready to enjoy it. The power improvement for me was dramatic with torque steer and 2nd gear wheelspin at will. I am very satisfied and will live w/o the AGP part throttle boost problems and screwing with a MBC all the time. Plug and Play!!!

Old 07-11-2005, 05:17 AM
American__Muscle
Veteran

black05, if you have an ebay account and see this soon enough, you may want to consider it. Pretty good deal. click

NEVERMIND DO NOT BUY THAT. after looking at his feedback, every single buyer has been scammed.

Old 07-11-2005, 12:23 PM
PSI Chick
Champion

the partial throttle boost issue isn't because of the type of wga. it's because most people use the blue or green lines with it. even with the agp, if you use the black line it will be fine.

the s2 or agp are fine for whatever set up you want. most people go with the agp because it has a stiffer spring rate than the s2. but for mostly stock cars it doesn't make that much of a difference.

Old 07-11-2005, 02:23 PM
roachnigga
Record Breaker

I agree! in my opinion, what i have read in other forums and Magazines, that Agp's waste with S2 work well together. But the install, mention by Psi, is a must

Old 07-13-2005, 07:17 PM
Silverrt4
Professional

To get the results that Bob96 is talking about do I need a MBC along with the WGA.

Old 07-13-2005, 07:50 PM
Bob96
Rookie

I removed my MBC and don't miss it. Black line to Stagew with preload removed. 18lbs and steady with no surge and no PTB

Old 07-13-2005, 07:52 PM
Silverrt4
Professional

So the installation is pretty straight forward? You are boosting 18psi with just the stage 2 wga and no MBC, damn. what does the boost hold on.

Old 07-14-2005, 01:10 PM
Silverrt4
Professional

Would you know the part number for the STage 2 WGA?

Quick Reply: Aftermarket wastegate actuator