Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Srt4 keyless alarm problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 02:50 AM
Danusia
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Srt4 keyless alarm problem

Hello everyone!!
I am very frustrated I just shut my car off locked it and then went back to grab something I forgot when my keyless entry did not work and when I opened the door my alarm went off!!! I couldn't shut it off and my car did not recognize my key and my air pressure on my tires said 0!! Really so fn frustrated with dodge I have had nothing but problems with this car!! Can anyone help me

Old 12-19-2011, 08:35 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Danusia
Hello everyone!!
I am very frustrated I just shut my car off locked it and then went back to grab something I forgot when my keyless entry did not work and when I opened the door my alarm went off!!! I couldn't shut it off and my car did not recognize my key and my air pressure on my tires said 0!! Really so fn frustrated with dodge I have had nothing but problems with this car!! Can anyone help me
Welcome to the site.

What are you exactly wanting help with.

Why doesnt your RKE work? When did it last work? I am assuming you have checked the batteries and tried replacing the remotes? Checked fuses and wiring to the RKE module?

TPMS are always a PITA IMO.

How were you trying to disable the alarm with the key?

Old 01-04-2012, 05:03 AM
Danusia
Question Engine light on?????

Originally Posted by weedahoe
Welcome to the site.

What are you exactly wanting help with.

Why doesnt your RKE work? When did it last work? I am assuming you have checked the batteries and tried replacing the remotes? Checked fuses and wiring to the RKE module?

TPMS are always a PITA IMO.

How were you trying to disable the alarm with the key?

Thanks 4 ur help I actually followed instructions I found to take off the neg cable off the battery and then put the key and reconnect the neg cable to the battery and it worked!!! But today I have another prob!!! I drove my car to work and then when I was done I turned the car on and boom engine light is on can anyone tell me what coulda caused this??? My warranty is over and I don't wanna go to the dealership cause they r not on my side they just keep taking my money

Old 01-04-2012, 09:03 AM
Cthulhu
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your going to have to get the code that is turning the engine code on. It's sometimes refered to as the key dance... do a search on the forum for it. It'll put the code in the odometer display which will tell us why its on.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:32 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

or stop by an auto parts store and let them extract the codes. Write them down and post them here. Nothing YOU did caused it. There was already a pre existing condition there waiting to happen.

Old 01-04-2012, 11:05 PM
Danusia

Ok I'm gonna go to an auto parts store on sat!!! But my car now has lose of power. A problem I had a few times and about a year ago!!! So engine light and lack of power!!! I bought this car brand new and it's been at the dealership more than on the road!! It only has 33k since 2008!! This srt4 caliber is a sweet ride it 15x to the dealer for many issues just doesn't seem right and now the warranty is up !!! I'm gonna also try the throttle cleaning I read somewhere on here that worked!! I just am frustrated but I thank you all for any Info and help!! I trust you all more than any dealership

Old 01-04-2012, 11:09 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

Just let us know what the codes are as they may have something to do with your current issue of power loss and good luck

Old 01-10-2012, 05:23 AM
Danusia

Ok I was unable to get the error code so I dropped off the car at the dealer!!! I complained to dodge cust service but that's useless!! They told me there is nothing they can promise now that the warranty is done! I told them there are electrical and mechanical issues that they need to address!!! Waste of time I wanted to get the # of the dodge vp but they said they don't have it!! Well I dropped off the car but the funniest thing is the engine light came off and the power came back!! Strange!!

Old 01-11-2012, 09:20 AM
Danusia

Ok its at the dealership and they have told me that one of the cylinders is not working so my car was running on only 75% !!!! They are gonna fix it as a curt due to the fact that my car has had do many issues!! I found that interesting considering that last year at this time I had the same prob and all they did was change the #4 coil and spark plugs! In aig leading into sept they had my car for two weeks due to me complaining numerous times about knocking noises and chocking noises !!! Hopefully this is the last!!

Old 01-11-2012, 09:23 AM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member

Cyl not wring could be something as simple as a bad plug, loose coil wire, bad coil, dead injector or loose valve rocker. You checked most of these already though right?

Quick Reply: Srt4 keyless alarm problem