Neon SRT-4 Dodge Neon SRT-4 is the pocket rocket that took the import scene and turned it upside down.

Is it possible to gut the stock cat????

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 03:47 AM
BlackZSlayer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is it possible to gut the stock cat????

Just wanted to know if anyone has ever tried to gut a stock cat on the srt-4? Ive done it on other cars with just the ceramic middle but have also noticed that some cars have medal baffles in the converter. Just wanted to know what type we had so that I could either gut it or just buy a down pipe. Thanks again

Old 08-07-2005, 05:14 AM
LilSparkPlug
Champion
Default RE: Is it possible to gut the stock cat????

Just buy a downpipe, or have one made for cheaper. Its much easier, and requires alot less work than bothering to gut out the cat. Your better off just getting a 2.25 downpipe that matches the rest of the system if your stock, 2.5" if your borla, and so on and so forth. It looks cleaner, and regardless of whether the cat is gutted or you have a downpipe, without stage 1, you'll still throw a p0420 code for catalytic converter efficieny.

Old 08-07-2005, 06:20 PM
MChat
Captain
Default RE: Is it possible to gut the stock cat????

ORIGINAL: BlackZSlayer

Just wanted to know if anyone has ever tried to gut a stock cat on the srt-4? Ive done it on other cars with just the ceramic middle but have also noticed that some cars have medal baffles in the converter. Just wanted to know what type we had so that I could either gut it or just buy a down pipe. Thanks again
I had to gut the cat in mine... the cat became pluged. About 1/3 of the core had collapsed. The other 2/3's had to be rammed out using a long pipe. There's nothing in the middle. Just be sure to remove your O2 sensor before the ramming begins

Quick Reply: Is it possible to gut the stock cat????